Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twilightdreamer1979

Tarot

mystical_moon

Yeah, thats not a bad idea, would anyone allow me to do a remote reading for them here? Please get in touch!

Ad from Google

Guest honeykins

HI

I AM NEW TO THIS SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME I USE TO DO TAROT FEW YEARS AGO AND WANTED TO GET BACK IN TOIT AND SPELLS CAN ANYONE HELP ME :lol: :rolleyes: :o PLEASE TRYING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AS WELL ON HERE DONT KNOW IF I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF I AM NOT PLEAE FORGIVE ME THANK YOU ..

KAREN (SAFFRONHONEY) :)

Guest Crow

First off Karen, no need to shout!

Plase don't post your messages in all caps, we can hear you loud and clear at normal volume :)

As for learning tarot there are many excellent sites around which can give you a refresher. www.learntarot.com is an interesting one, and www.aeclectic.net/tarot has many decks to look over if you're in need of a new one.

I'm using the Robin Wood deck right now; what about you?

Guest Blackie_Fen

The Collins Little Gem book of Tarot is excellent for refreshing (or for learning in the first place) the possible meanings of the cards, and contains a good range of spreads which you can use until you're confident enough to create your own...

Guest honeykins

i am typing it in lowe case and it keeps on coming out in capital letters honest :( :)

Guest honeykins
did not mean to shout honest ! now i have worked out how to do it was typing it in lower case but did not change size bare with me just finding my way around here ...thanks for the email address as i take it still a friend needs to buy tarot cards and not buy them your self ...some really nice sets still got sum spreads that i use to use it is just getting the hang of it once again ...and interested in using the angel cards an learning about them Edited by karen7314

Guest Blackie_Fen

I'm not so sure about the not buying cards for yourself rule - I've bought both the decks I use regularly and I 'get on' fine with them. The important thing, for me, is that you can identify with the imagery on the cards, that they make sense to you and that you can use them.

Obviously, not many shops allow you to take the cards out of the pack and get the feel of them before buying them, and buying deck after deck of cards can get expensive after a while if you have problems finding the right deck for you - in that case its definitely a good idea to see if you can find someone else who can give you a deck that you like the look of, perhaps in exchange for one you've tried and rejected. Personally, I'm on the hunt for Dussere's Tarot de Marseille , but it's out of print and hard to find now :(

Aeclectic Tarot features sample pictures from a wide range of decks and can be a good place to start out; you can read reviews of decks from other users, check out the artwork on the cards and get some idea of the decks you find attractive before going hunting for them...

Edited by OxonPagan

Guest honeykins

thank you for your reply, I am lookign on line at the moment for some cards as I would the same pack I use to have very bright and clear, can;t seem to find any like that :lol: :D hopefully I will across some thing soon as want to get back in to them asap at the moment I am using a pack of playing cards ... have not done it that way for many years !!! :) :( ;)

Guest honeykins

Thank you elm fire I will have a look on line for them, do you do tarot your self and which ones do you use :D :o_wave: :lol:

Guest elmfire

im only new to it , but i was using roots of asia but there really pretty cards but i couldnt take to them , now im using celtic cards they are so easy ,

Guest honeykins

are they blue and white design on the main side of they are I have used them before they are really good :lol: :( :ph34r: :o

Guest elmfire

no they are quite wide, which i like straight away, they are orange on the back, and the designs are childlike but nice easy to read i think anyway

Guest honeykins

oh well thought it was the set I had used never mind ... have u used angel cards

????

weatherwitch

I started out using the Marseille tarot deck, which I found second hand just to see what I thought of the tarot in general. I didn't much like that set but found that I did like using the tarot. Then I found my set, the Glastonbury tarot which is absolutely fabulous for me, it works really, really well :rolleyes:

As for buying your own, it's what I always recommend. You need to look and see as best you can to see if the cards 'talk' to you, there's far too much superstition in using the tarot and things that needs to be wiped out. Buy your own and enjoy what you like :)

No idea about angel cards myself, not familiar with them (the name doesn't appeal for one) but maybe someone here uses them? :rolleyes:

Guest honeykins

Thank you weathwitch ...had a look at them they look really nice very colourful which I like there is a litttle shop where I am staying on holiday at the moment going to go in and see if they have them ...and I can get to it staright away makes a chnge from playing cards lol :ph34r: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so fingers crossed if not will send away from them ... not many people seem to no about angel cards ...do you know anything about ruines was reading up on them was quite interesting but the book did not go into much detail

saffronhoney :o_cat2: :) :)

Guest Stormraven

In my experience and that of most of the people I know who read tarot, it doesn't matter whether you were given the deck or bought it yourself as long as the deck is right for you.

I didn't start with the Ryder Waite deck and it is not compulsory to do so, if you don't get on with it at all it is not worth using it, the same goes for the book on tarot that you use to assist in your learning.

Storm Raven :o_lol:

Guest pearlania

Angel cards, every reading I have had with them has been great, the artwork is fantastic...I like the Fairy Healing and the Goddess cards by Doreen V.. hope you sort yourself out...

Guest honeykins

Thank you pearlania I will look them up your help has been apprciated!! :) ;) B) :ph34r: :) :)

Guest Crow

Personally I don't get on with the Ryder-Waite deck. They may be seen by many as the "classic" deck but I've found there are many other tarot decks which are based on the R-W which have more evocative, engaging artwork. Two examples would be the the Gilded Tarot and as I said in my first comment, the Robin Wood.

Guest ladypenndragon

Blessings,

Ive used many types, but I like the Celtic Dragon set, by D. J. Conway.

(natch..lol). Id love to own a set of Egyptian cards, the one guilded in Gold,

sigh, but me pocket book cant afford it.

Ive known people who just use a simple deck of playing cards...I was shown this way long ago, wish I could remember how.

Love, LadyP

Oh yes, some people when doing a reading use candles and set up an area of protection, does and here do this? I might light up a candle, but only to calm my thoughts.

Guest honeykins

I agree with lighting a candle I always do whe doing a reading and also wrapping my cards up in a black silk scarf..... will have a look at the celtic dragon ones thank you once again Ladyp :) :ph34r: :)

money cant buy you happiness, love or friendship ..but I wish I could find a decent man !!!!

Guest ladypenndragon

Blessings,

Your welcome. And I keep mine in a black silk bag, and in a wooden box I made with decorations on it, to keep it away from outside influences. Plus you can "charge" your cards in a full moon.

Love, LadyP

Synhild

In Haworth (near Bradford) there's a shop called Spooks which has a folder full of examples of cards from lots of different decks. My daughter chose her Unicorn cards there.

It's worth asking around to see if any shops near you have a similar thing hidden away behind the counter because there's nothing like seeing the quality of the artwork and printing, size and shape of the actual cards themselves before you buy.

I've seen two sets of Angel cards before and artwork wise they looked lovely, but not to my taste at all.

gypsimoon

I'm actually partial to the RW deck for some reason. It resonates with me. I love some of the creative artwork done on some of the decks I've seen, like the Celtic Dragon, but the RW still seems to work best for me.

I learned the Tarot card by card and I think it's always good to know traditionally what the card means. But with me, it was the feel from the person I was reading.

(Haven't done Tarot in a few years, but plan on starting up again soon) because when I do a reading, I make sure the person I'm reading handles the cards as often as they can. I have them put the cards between their palms for few minutes, shuffle them and cut them.

I like the Celtic Cross spread the best as it's generally easier and a bit detailed.

And I used to store them in red velvet and put in a wood box.

Edited by gypsimoon

Guest GothicGoddess

I really didnt get on with the Ryder-Waite deck, just doesnt appeal to me personally, I love my thoth deck, I have bought a few others because of the art work but always come back to my thoth ones...

I dont see it makes any difference if you buy them yourself or have them bought for you. :o_lol:

I always keep mine in silk and in a box to keep any other energy away from them, and its also the celtic cross spread for me... its the way I was taught and works best for me :o_lol:

I learnt by reading first and then started using my own instinct... much better than books if I do say so myself :ph34r: :o_lol:

Guest honeykins

I will have a look at them cards........ I always keep my cards wrapped up in a black silk scarf to keep there energy together .. and where possible in sealed box ...... <_< :blink: I love the celtic cross spread it is one of the best ones yet I also like the Past,Present,Future one can't wait to gert my new set been looign on net tonight for some so might order a few to take a look at..... :blink: :D

Money can't buy you Happiness, Friendship, or Money... But it would be nice to get a decent man LOL :o_beer: <_<

Guest Elunedd

I have a set of cards which are a cheap copy of the Marseilles deck, and I confess I don't use them, just get them out and admire them occasionally. I've also got the Tarot of the Witches, which is a reproduction of the deck used in the film Live and Let Die and I get good results with them - I've done readings for people I barely know and they've been impressed.

Guest elmfire

elunedd, is that deck the same as the old path cards, if it is they are ment to be very good i really want them, ive seen the artwork on them and think they are really nice