Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Moonlight Forest
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: Moonlight Forest
Sign in to follow this  
Guest morrigan

What's My Path? - You tell me, I don't like hard decisions

Ad from Google

Guest Ravensclaw

It's already been said but I agree you need to find a good tree and sit against it and just let the lord and lady talk to you, you should also talk back (usually helps the conversation :D )

Blessed Be

weatherwitch
The reason I ask is that I would like to go to a forest, etc. and worship gods that may have been worshipped on that ground before. I know some people may think that I am limiting myself too much by geography, but I'm sure I would feel a stronger connection.

As has been said by many, your path finds you, your Gods find you. You can chose alright but nothing will truly totally gel until they find you.

I aware of exceptionally few others who can really say that their gods were worshiped locally. You may hear of some who chose a local god rather than a god who was worshiped locally finding them. Yes, you are limiting yourself by geography, but also by time and record. For the records are scant and few and far between, and frequently untrustworthy. Ditch pagan or witchy books and only look for evidence via archaeological books.

My Gods are local to this area, they found me in my wood, but I didn't know who they were. Once I found out who they were, another long time and lots of research, it was another two or more years before I found archaeological records of their being worshiped in this region. Being that they are Gaulish Gods I had been very puzzled but they'd been brought to this area by the Romans. There is a finger ring dedication to one of them 40 miles away, and in the other direction also 40 miles away is an altar stone dedicated to another of them. They are local to here. But it took time for them to contact me, much longer to find out who they were, and serious time to place them in this region as to why they should be here. In other words, it takes time, no Gods give easily for the pagan path is meant to be difficult, challenging, and to make you think and work for it.

Remember too, that we're all different, I have many Gods, some have none, some have one, some have a God and Goddess. Getting back to nature is always good, but that is also found simply in a garden as well :lol:

My path is my own, my Gods are my own, no-one else can tell me what to do or define it well, only me. Don't be afraid to follow your instincts, but don't expect things to be handed on a plate either. Or if it is then a sharp lesson will follow.

Edited by weatherwitch

Guest Debs

I think from what i understand so far, is that to be pagan is ;- whatever you want it to be, with as much or little as you want, but dont tread on others beliefs. Do what is right for you, dont hurt others. .Our Paths seem to run in the same direction for now :) x

Moonsmith

I think from what i understand so far, is that to be pagan is ;- whatever you want it to be, with as much or little as you want, but dont tread on others beliefs. Do what is right for you, dont hurt others. .Our Paths seem to run in the same direction for now :) x

You are on your way :) I would say that whatever an individual Pagan believes they have taken one enormous step that separates them from formalised religion. We have taken a personal responsibility for our spirituality. We are our own priests, our own confessors and our own pardoners. Scary and free.

OK so I'm referring to 80ish % of Pagans coz there is nothing that is common to 100% of Pagans.

Guest hedgewitch

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but as I'm new to the site I think it's a good idea. I've been reading quite a bit on here and I've got a few questions that might offend a few people, however that's not my intention.

I was looking for a Pagan forum that's actually 'really' about Paganism because I've been on enough websites and mailing lists claiming they we're Pagan when most people were in fact looking for love spells or discussing relationship problems. Now, I don't really need that.

The biggest question for me is actually: How do you people define 'being Pagan'? I would certainly refer to myself as a Pagan. But does that mean I have to celebrate lots of rituals, do I have to be into witchcraft and lead an 'alternative' lifestyle to be accepted amongst other Pagans? There seem to be a lot of hardcore Pagans out there, maybe even on this site, that turn up their noses at the people that aren't serious enough, or whatever. Personally, I'm very mainstream on the outside. However, I've always cared deeply about the world around me, and while I'm not an activist I do make an effort, like eating vegetarian & organic, recycling my rubbish, driving a car that's as friendly to the environment as I can financially afford it, etc. To me, all this is part of a Pagan life style as I'd find it a bit sick to worship Mother Earth and still eat all the rubbish that the supermarkets have to offer and dump my rubbish in the countryside.

As for the spiritual side of things, that's very personal to me and I don't feel that I have to celebrate big, pompous rituals to worship nature. I do know all the Pagan holy days and they indeed mean a lot to me. I've connected with nature on a level that's comfortable for me and makes me feel content. I want to keep things simple. Does that make me less Pagan? We can't all be Druids, Shamans, Witches, whatever. I'm always willing to learn but what I don't want is dogma, I don't want people, no matter how experienced they are, to tell me what to do or not to do.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Bright blessings,

Cairneyhill

I think you're like a lot of Pagans - you're certainly on the same page as me

Hedgewitch

Moonsmith

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but as I'm new to the site I think it's a good idea. I've been reading quite a bit on here and I've got a few questions that might offend a few people, however that's not my intention.

Bright blessings,

Cairneyhill

I think you're like a lot of Pagans - you're certainly on the same page as me

Hedgewitch

Me too hedgewitch and I hope that others will be encouraged by your answer

but

Check the post date :) I'd guess Clairneyhill has moved on.