Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Haylee Linton
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flintstone

A Bit Of Insight? - help for a learner

Guest flintstone

are the god, and goddess, thought of in the human physical form , or in the spiritual form, or do they relate to each of us in different forms, as there are no set rules as to how they should be perceived?

are there any Mag's that relate to the pagan way, either monthly, or quarterly, or at all? if not would somebody please start one!

thanks for the help, Flintstone.

post-3949-1177971029_thumb.jpg

Ad from Google

Guest Thinair

Heehee, such a simple question, such a very complex answer :o_lol:

Largely depends whether you're coming at it from an animistic angle or a 'higher magic' angle. Two separate headspaces, neither one (I would argue) is wrong.

Animism says that everything has a spirit and a soul and that everything 'is what it is'. I am Marion, I’m female, you're Flintstone, you're ambiguous :(

Everything is alive and has an identity. Nuff said.

So called 'higher magic' (because it were fought up my men, like, so i' is a bi' more complica'ed then us mere wenches is capable of compre'endin') and the basis of most religions, says that everything originates from one source or energy. Qabalism is a very good illustration of this philosophy. Mystical Qabalah by Violet Firth/Dion Fortune is a good all-round introduction to its use in Western Occultism (she were one wench who 'ad the brain of a man, she were clever, like.)

The basic principle of that is a bit like the Hindu pantheon - the one energy becomes male and female; it splits. From that, all things ensue. So to high magic, animism is simply the end result further down the chain, but to animists it's not quiet that complicated and doesn't tend to require that amount of analytical hot wind.

Animism is the natural state of children and shamans. High magic is the honed state of ritual magicians and 'heavy' occultists (ones who ate too much).

Make of that what you will in answering your question ;)

Best wishes,

Marion.

Guest Thinair

To clear up my first response in relation to misunderstanding your question - if all physical things have a spirit then some spiritual matter may possess a physical form. Spirit and flesh are usually intertwined, even if the flesh is that of imagination. What you perceive to be a 'solid form' is only one of many :(

Don't mean to be cryptic, if you want that elaborating on I’d be happy - I’m not sure what level to pitch at lol

Guest flintstone

thanks for the insight thinair, you seem very knowledgeable about the subject, if i can learn half of what you seem to know i will be happy.

And thanks for the mag tips.

flintstone.

and yes, it dose answer the question.

Guest Thinair

Aw, shucks, don't - me head won't fit through the forum door :lol:

I read a lot, doesn't mean I know a lot. Stick around though, the forum is full of funky people from such a wide range of backgrounds and paths, I’m sure you'll find enough to fill you in on the details - and then enough to argue with about them lol

Marion.