Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Guest morrigan

Sky Clad Or Not? - Does it make a difference

Stonehugger
3 hours ago, Moonsmith said:

nearly always in early December.

Yes, definitely keep your kit on in December 😀

Ad from Google

Moonsmith
2 hours ago, Veggie dancer said:

I suppose many of us might not go completely naked but find some bare skin useful in ritual. I do like to be bare foot and feel contact with the ground

YES!  This ^^^^^^^^^^ big time.

I go bare foot everywhere at home.  I have told the story before of a visitor who came to the door and said that '"there were human footprints in the snow on the drive".  I was able to reassure her that this was only because humans lived here.

image.png.f36bac48690d83ec1d9ef67fd9c70c61.png

• Like 4

JohnMacintyre

Dear Folks,

It's a normal part of (initiatory) Wiccan practice a

• Like 1

JohnMacintyre

Dear Folks,

It's a normal part of initiatory Wiccan practice and has been since the tradition emerged in the years following the Second World War. Whether it "works" for individuals is always going to be a very subjective matter but if it wasn't effective and valued by most of us then I doubt it would have survived as a ritual practice for so long.

There's no single reason for it, nor should there be. Remember that it's mainly the practice of small, very private, very closely bonded, groups where everyone knows everyone else very well and there is a very high level of mutual trust. For many reasons, both practical and symbolic, it's effective in the contexts it's used for.

Feeling cold isn't really an issue. Central heating plus a few generations of Mediteranean holidays may have given many people strange ideas about what a comfortable temperature is, but for most of the year you're not going to die of exposure that quickly in Northern Europe.

BB,

John Macintyre

• Like 2

Maeve

^^^^^^ Late to this topic - everything that John Mac has said!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.