Galaemar Laerareon

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heron-Feather

A Brief Introduction To Shamanism.

Guest Fire Oak

Sure. I can't talk about clients but I can try and explain a little of what I do.

When someone comes to me, like most therapists I listen to them and in the listening am very mindful of any information that is coming into my mind. I may also view their energy to see what I can see there. This I do with psychic sight, I'm not someone who sees energy or spirits with physical sight. I get information in any way it can and use all of it to guide me.

Because of the way my work has evolved I always work hands on with clients. This work may be anything from removing/clearing unhelpful or unhealthy energy, power retrieval, soul/soul fragment retrieval or entity removal/assisting spirits to move on. An element of my work would be journeying on behalf of my client to work with my spirt helpers either for assistance or advice.

I may also journey to find guidance for the client and would then relate my journey as it happens for them. This is often referred to as shamanic counselling.

I work with any tools that are necessary and these would include sage, drum, rattle, singing bowl, feathers and sometimes tourmaline, a crystal point or eggs. Sometimes I need nothing other times I am drawn or advised to use something.

I hope some of this is useful.

• Like 1

Ad from Google

Wodeborn

Finn - the first step is to feel the energies...now this is the simplest thing in the world to demonstrate and teach...and possibly impossible to describe in print for you to practise...but I'll try

sometimes people say that when a presence is aroundl, the "air" changes and the skin crawls and the hairs stand on end - and indeed this is correct....

NOW

when one feels this energy in the area..put out the arms straight with the hands pointing up - straight ahead and walk towards where you think the energy is strongest - slowly...concentrate on the hands and the slightest of feelings...when yo make contact there should be an almost electric field...it is very slight and you may need to back out and try again and again.....please remember that a spirit will move and don't expect them to hang around...but this "feeling the way"s the first step...

after this comes the feeling the way with the mind alone...but one has to train the mind to know what to look for - or that should be feel for...and so the hands......one crawls before one walks and then runs

Also important are good manners and the acknowledgement that you are dealing with an intelligent being and not an object for amusement

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 1

Finn Mac Morn

Can anyone try this ? And Can it be done anywhere ? ...what I mean is, are the energies everywhere or only in specific places or at specific times ??

Wodeborn

Finn

yes....and No

energy is everywhere...walk out into an open space and feel the earth call to you...walk into a former sacred site and feel the air buzz...all it takes is an awakening...now there is a difference betweeen energy anf energies - spirits...

yes spirits are everywhere, there will be a few around you all the time looking after your best interests and trying to nudge your decisions onto the better paths, the choice however always lies with you, they will be the little niggling voice in the background you shouldn't do that...the red one seems better even though you like the blue...go to the seaside rather than the castle and so on

spirits can be free - wandering where they will, revenants who just come back to visit, earth bound who for some reason refuse to cross to the higher vibrations and so remain in the darkness of a between realm..trapped - almost enslaved by a more powerful negative spirit or entity..and of course lost, died before their time and never picked up and guided on - it happens

then Animal spirits wander, pets seem close to their former companions..there are nature spirits - the feelings one gets as spoken of above are nature spirits, but they have their own destiny and can only be communicated within certain terms - they are not human spirits and have different goals and aims...and there are negative beings which in truth unless you have to confront are best left alone for there will be a fight on

one of the basic things to learn in any form of shamainsm - once you find that you can attune to the energies, is protection, protection and protection...first and foremost you lay down rings of protection around you, you strengthen the aura so "None may pass" you cultivate good relations with your spirit guides so they will stand between you and harm...and it never hurts to cultivate a God (which I always see as a spirit of higher purpose and power) to come in with the big guns when you run into trouble - I have Thor - and yes I do run into trouble

protections are personal, it is all about what YOU believe, because in the end result if you do not believe nothing will work.

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 3

Wodeborn

There are many techniques for personal protection my own preferences run to the foillowing

you can carry a personal symbol..I usually am wearing my hammer..this is a personal thing and will offer some protection if you believe that it will

Before doing anything visualise an open flower in your mind..see the petals open…and then slowly close it down –with all petals drawn in tight…this is opening and closing the psychic centers..when it is closed up nothing comes In or goes out

Then ask for a cloak of protection from your helpers and visualise putting a cloak on and I would advise that you ask the greater spirits to look out for you…..they help me out all the time when I get in too deep

Visualise a symbol in which you believe – an equal arm Cross, a Pentacle, an Eolh…but something in which you believe, visualise it in silver and place it before you

Salt and iron are your friends as is burning incense and even the humble candle

• Like 1

Wodeborn

Cleansing a place is fairly straightforward..this is my general way

1. Protection for you - see above
  2. Say aloud you want everyone to leave…
  3. Make up a salt and water mix and find a bunch of incense sticks
  4. The procedure starts in a logical manner so decide the path before you start..you want to end up at perhaps the back door so this is the last area you wish to cover..all other external doors mark with an appropriate symbol to you with the salt water mix..if you want more a fine line of salt across the threshold will double ensure
  5. At the start light one of the sticks and waft the incense around the room asking aloud that all spirits and entities leave – call on a god or greater spirits to help you in this
  6. Having “smoked the room” leave that stick burning in there and mark the doors walls and windows with the salt water in the symbol of choice – pentacle for instance
  7. Move onto the next area and repeat
  8. Do this throughout the place ending up in the room with the door…open the door and insist that all leave…then go through the above..place a line across the threshold if required and close the door

That’s the physical part

The next is the mental part…go around the house with your mind and draw a silver line around all the walls, making sure that all doors, windows, fireplaces and vents are covered by this

At the end construct a ball of light in any of the rooms that felt wrong and instigated the cleansing

Finally ask of your spirit guides to protect the house against any who wish you harm

Job done, kettle on time for a cup of tea

• Like 1

Earthdragon

Great stuff, Wode. We have very similar methods in our system. Where do your methods come from - were they taught to you by your guides or did you invent them yourself? One of our teachings is that you find the way that is most effective for yourself...again I am reminded of the martial way - "there are no techniques only principles so go invent techniques".

The main difference between us so far is the emphasis we have on self cleansing and the use of universal energy in the protection methods. These are both fundamental...

ED

• Like 1

Wodeborn

Blimey ED give a Shaman a chance :o_youpi: am writing here, dealing with my forum, updating my personal website and trying to get youtube to work - of all these the last is giving me most trouble...doesn't like the transitions in my videos...damn

anyway

After clearing/cleansing/being anywhere that one may pick up an attachment it is imprortant to cleanse one’s aura – who wants an unwelcome guest at home eh

Many ways of doing this

My way

Having closed down as described in the flower closing

Tell any spirits around that they MAY NOT come home / follow you

Say a prayer or invocation to gods or spirits

Visualise a circle on the ground in silver with a pentagram or other symbol in it

Step into the circle

Visualise a huge Gold Hand held above your head horizontal to the ground

Pass the hand through you to the ground

When it reaches the ground step out of the circle

Thank the spirits/Gods

In extremis

It can be necessary to smoke oneself with incense if the attachment is persistent

• Like 1

Wodeborn

Cleansing artifacts

If you get second hand artifacts it may surprise you to learn that they may come with an unwanted attachment…fairly soon after the object is taken into the house shadows start, unease in areas, cold spots and the general signs start appearing – all dating from the time that the object was first brought into the house

What I do…

As soon as you receive the object state aloud that no spirits may stay in the house

Ask for help from Spirits gods to remove any attachment

Light incense and thoroughy smoke the object passing it through the smoke many times

If possible, then wash the object in salt water, then soap and water to remove the salt and finally run under the running tap for a minute or so

Then it should be clean of attachments

If however an attachment got in with the object and the above cleansing doesn’t work it may be necessary to

remove the object from the house

Cleanse the house as described way above

Cleanse the object outdoors

Only then bring it in again

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 1

Wodeborn

Whilst we have spirits around us all the time, guides to look after us and family members also there to help, sometimes something not so nice gets through and takes up residence…Just because you feel a presence or smell perfume doesn’t mean that someone is there causing harm – it may be your grandmother for example looking in on you….however there are other scenarios where a presence is definitely unwanted

There are many reasons why

Anywhere deserted for a while seems a perfect place for them to occupy, and they become a problem later if the property is re-occupied

Someone who formerly owned the place is possessive and won’t let go

Someone who formerly owned the place hasn’t realised that they have passed

We may bring an attachment in with us from visiting another haunted place

Holding Spirit Communication sessions without opening/closing and dismissing properly – this includes Ouija Boards, Divination, P-SB7, Ovilus and Echovox Sessions

Someone very kind may send something there to annoy us

There are also some people who naturally seem to attract spirits..and this can be a problem if they refuse to regularly cleanse the place/themselves

When your home has become occupied (for want of a better term) the signs to look for are

Areas of distinct unease

Coldspots

Shadows

Corner of the eye movement

Movement of objects – either being seen or not

Removal/hiding of objects

Finding strange objects

Bad Smells

Taps turning on/off on their own

Electrical interference for no apparent natural cause

Blowing fuses on a continual basis for no apparent natural cause

One of the things I always advise is watch your Pets

Pets are often the first creatures to become affected by negative entities – I use the term entities for both troublesome spirits and other..not the place for that part here

To start with they will usually look up from where they lie…or rabbits “Thump” for no reason..

Sometimes they will follow something invisible as it seemingly moves across a room/down a corridor..but with this there is not too much to worry about – It may be Grand ma on her rounds

HOWEVER

If they start jumping up as though touched or worse

Ifr they start growling or spitting at things

Barking at a particular spot

Running away or refusing to enter

Then something is wrong and action needs to be taken then and there

Pets are easy targets and if left their demeanour changes, then they often sicken and can die

If you suspect anything is interfering with a loved pet GET THEM OUT OF THE PLACE ASAP

Cleanse the house thoroughly and only then bring the pets back in and watch their behaviour

• Like 1

Wodeborn

As an addendum to the above and because I keep fish...its not as easy with fish..but they too can sicken and die so watch them

they cannot be easily removed so what I do is the water and salt trick

envisage a silver line around their tank this marks a protective boundary...then mark the tank on all exposed surfaces with a symbol you believe in with the salt water...dont forget the top

then cleanse the house as before

Wodeborn

I will also apologise and say there are things I cannot share..not because of some cosmic secret that will blast my soul forever more etc etc

but because they take time to master

Travelling in spirit form is one, like remote viewing but performing Shamanic rituals to cleanse when there...usually for Spirit removal

Journeying to meet ancestors...Gods...spirits

Receiving communications

Knowing...I liken this to seing Wyrd...listening to the voice that tells of the direction to go

Seeing Nature spirits

Casting and using Protections offensively

and I certainly cannot teach people the basic requirements

To be kind

To revere all life

To help whenever it is asked for

all I can do here is give some insights and some of the simpler techniques for living a more untroubled life

• Like 1

Moonhunter

Interesting to hear your techniques, W. the one time I channelled it was a house cleansing. I'd inadvertently cleased the garden (that was a simpler form of asking the bad spirits to leave and gaining the help of the plant spirits there to ensure this), and was asked to cleanse the house. Two gods agreed to help. It occurred to me that a house is a mobius strip, so I began where I wished to end - the front door, and went round the house running my finger along the wall. The only time I lost contact with the wall was when blocked by a wardrobe - however, before I let go to recommence on the other side of the wardrobe, I watched the red and green (the two gods) flow from my finger across the intervening space, so I could pick it up again.

Once back at the front door, I sealed it with the symbol of a goddess who had taken to the inhabitants of the house. Then I let go and collapsed. :lol:

• Like 1

Wodeborn

MH...if you are not used to the chanelling then I am not surprised that you had a rough time...everything there would have worked a treat...you just have to remember to draw some energy from around to keep yourself going.a bit like a psychic breathing in..what you did was feed it yourself...yes can be done but rather (as you found) knackering..and a bit dangerous to your health potentially

absolutely brilliant in the first case - just ask them to bugger off..add the or else...have a quiet word with Frey and usually all goes well

well done sealing the door - essential closing of things..like putting a burglar alarm and a big sign saying Protected

not much difference in what you did and what I do in all truth

all I wrote above was to outline some of the simpler things and some of the things to watch for...there is soo much more, some at darker levels where it gets a bit scary...but I cannot and wont try to teach them...not something to be meddled with

Edited by Wodeborn

Wodeborn

Thought I'd write a brief aside on seeing

everyone I firmly believe can train themselves to see

sometimes I see directly with my eyes, some of the apparitions have been fully 3D an seemed flesh and blood, but usually I see with the mind

The images don't come as a film as Hollywood would assert..they come a brief bright flashes, packed with detail, that take me time to unravel...sometimes if there are a lot of spirits around the images come in fast..bam, bam, bam...what I find that I hae to do is grab one and focus on it, turning it in the mind to really make a connection

when the connection is made images flow a bit slower and more coherrently - although so saying, anything that was emotional for the spirit comes through with greater force...and anything they are hiding and eventually let you see comes through as though they were shouting...ad in this way the information is transferred to me..always like grabbing pieces of a jigsaw and putting them together, seldom are they in order and often concentrating on things that are of little import to me but great importance to the spirit

so if you get a "flash of inspiration" at any time, try to go with it, analyse it and see what you get...by doing this you train your psychic muscles just as surely as lifting weights trains the biceps

Wodeborn

Thought I would quickly add what I don't do...to clear up some misconceptions

meditation - it just makes me fall asleep

Power Animals - Native american way..not mine - although I have a fondnes for Owls

Hallucinagenic drugs - have never taken a non prescription drug in my life (bar paracetamol etc)

Shamanic Drumming - nope far too noisy, how could I concentrate with that racket going on

Chanting - see above

Spirit Journey Dancing - only when very very drunk - it's called walking home

Runecasting/Tarot - never seen the point, if I want to know I ask direct

Sleep deprivation/Smoke lodge etc - Nope, I likes me sleep too much for that mullarky

so - sorry to dispel a load of gumpf that some websites put up about Shamanic practise...its not needed and is just putting on a show for the punters

not much fun at all am I

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 2

Earthdragon

Guess your engaging personality makes up for being a party pooper, Wode...;)

I came to the conclusion that my mind is happy when its active- I don't mind a nice meditation (forgive the pun hehe )but its usually of the more active kind- following breaths or mantra etc...Nowadays I do energy work each day instead of a meditation practice and find it to be a better way for me. It deepens my sense of self and is actually more relaxing. It also builds the oomph to use the tools & techniques in the shamanic aspect of Druidism:)

ED

Edited by Earthdragon
  • Like 1

Wodeborn

ED...nOpe :o_youpi: :o_youpi:

on my path, the learning was .......always out of reach until reached, and it would happen suddenly as though I had a sudden realisation...oh so that's how you do it

However....of all the things to learn, the ability of sensing and talking to spirits and sensing "everything" was far far easier to accomplish when compared to learning how to shut it out again

one should always be careful of what one wishes for i suppose

Wodeborn

Sorry...should have made this a Blog I suppose

as Ideas come to me I jot them down...

Detractors of what I do have always stated "Oh its all imagination"...and in a way they are spot on

Without an imagination, able to receive the images of communication this would be impossible...anyone without an imagination cannot do this - they are blind to spirit completely

I always try to get people to close their eyes and visualise their room, the one that they are sitting in...go over with the mind to the TV, the stereo..and visualise turning it on...I would be amazed if they could physically turn it on..I can't - not since my teenage years when I truly was an Enfant terrible...but the principle is that one improves the ability to visualise...by visualising well one has better communication images

back to the detractors..a number of times such people have needed my help...a spirit attachment to them or their home...all very pennitent while the pressure is on, while their lives are being turned upside down - they'd believe in the tooth fairy and green men from the moon at this stage - .but afterwards, every single one has stated...oh well it must have all been my imagination after all

there's none so blind as those who refuse to see

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 1

Pomona

Power Animals - Native american way..not mine - although I have a fondnes for Owls

Hallucinagenic drugs - have never taken a non prescription drug in my life (bar paracetamol etc)

Shamanic Drumming - nope far too noisy, how could I concentrate with that racket going on

Chanting - see above

Spirit Journey Dancing - only when very very drunk - it's called walking home

Runecasting/Tarot - never seen the point, if I want to know I ask direct

Sleep deprivation/Smoke lodge etc - Nope, I likes me sleep too much for that mullarky

so - sorry to dispel a load of gumpf that some websites put up about Shamanic practise...its not needed and is just putting on a show for the punters

not much fun at all am I

Late to the party as per, but I just wanted to say how much of that chimes with my own approach to workings. There's a lot of "mystical hoo ha" about workings, things you really ought to do and so on, but I've done workings which didn't have any of the ritual palaver around them and they were pretty damned effective.

Wodeborn

indeed Pom..grandstanding for effect...all very good at public ceremonies where one wanders around in plush garments fit for purpose and carrying sacred athame etc.

in truth the kitchen knife is good enough as is an old sweater and a pair of jeans

but some people seem to need the "glorious rituals" or they don't feel like they get their money's worth after all think about the cost of all that cosmic jewellery

:o_rofl: :o_rofl: :o_rofl: :o_rofl: :o_rofl: :o_rofl: :o_rofl:

Finn Mac Morn

hahahaahaha ... glad its not just me. Im ok in a group, but when I try on my own 9 times out of 10 I fall fast asleep lol

Wodeborn
in a group,

oh gods I feel ill....

when I "make contact" I become very repetetive, almost autistically fixated on things....to do this in front of one or two is bearable...but having a group of other people around to watch me make a tit of myself...nooooooooooooooooooo :o_youpi: :o_youpi: :o_youpi: :o_youpi: :o_youpi: :o_youpi: :o_youpi:

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 1

Wodeborn

How to feel the presence of a spirit

for me the three most common things are - in order that I tend to nitice them

a general coldness in a particular area that may, and probably does move or simply vanishes

the electric feeliing over the skin which make goose bumps and all the hairs to stand on end

shadows out of the corner of the eye

a fourth but no quite as common is also the interference with electrical items and especially batteries draining for no reaspon whatsoever

• Like 1

Wodeborn

I am going off onto a commonly asked question, can spirits hurt us…so bear with me there will be a few parts to this

Mostly Spirits can hurt us by unintentionally causing harm so one experience to back this up for you

I had a very interesting encounter at RAF Tholthorpe in Yorkshire – about 10 miles up from York. We had access to one of the former Romney huts, this had been converted into offices and a spray shop for a local coach operator, by the insertion of a partitioned area to the rear and a mezzanine floor to the front

Access to the mezzanine floor, which itself was not too safe was by a wooden staircase inside the hut, leading upwards to a landing and a doorway, through which one passed to gain access to the two offices

Having “felt” around the hut we had ascended to the landing there were distinct feelings of a presence around, the typical cold breezes and skin tingles. There was a definite unease about the area and there I made contact with a young airman who was singing the French song Alouette. No. 425 (Alouette) Squadron RCAF arrived at this station during the war – I do not discount what I hear just in case, no matter how daft it seems at the time

It was in this area that Trevor (Middlesbrough Paranormal) later witnessed his K2 meter blip to maximum as he entered the room although subsequent testing found no cause for this, and this only happened the once

We set off to go down the stairs again and trooped out of the door, but as I stood on yhe landing, perhaps 12 feet off the floor I had the feeling that someone had passed through me, I was weak kneed, indeed for what seemeh like a minute but perhaps only a couple of seconds I could find no balance and had that sick feeling that one gets from jumping off the high platform at the local swimming baths. This was so bad that I nearly pitched over the rail and down to the lower floor, but managed to grab hold and hold on with everything that I had, the feeling passed as if nothing had been there at all

• Like 1

Earthdragon

Detractors of what I do have always stated "Oh its all imagination"...and in a way they are spot on

Without an imagination, able to receive the images of communication this would be impossible...anyone without an imagination cannot do this - they are blind to spirit completely

I've seen energy, nature spirits and felt "a spirit" .

Our own perceptions and then the interpretations of these are exactly that - they are our own. I think the aspect of imagination is interesting cos when dealing with energy and spirits its our brain giving its interpretation of that energy and the spirit(s) that produces the perception as much as a flow of basic sensory info...hence ppl can experience the same thing in different ways...or if you lack any imagination - not at all..!

ED

• Like 1

Finn Mac Morn

I've seen energy, nature spirits and felt "a spirit" .

Our own perceptions and then the interpretations of these are exactly that - they are our own. I think the aspect of imagination is interesting cos when dealing with energy and spirits its our brain giving its interpretation of that energy and the spirit(s) that produces the perception as much as a flow of basic sensory info...hence ppl can experience the same thing in different ways...or if you lack any imagination - not at all..!

ED

very interesting notion...... could explain a lot

Wodeborn

so...on the previos we had potential actual harm caused by spirits unintentionally

there is also the direct physical attack which can happen, these idiots who think that spirit baiting is a legitimate technique re not only rude moronic idiots but also in some danger.There are many accountes of direct spirit attack, often resulting in scratches ot bruises, but sometimes more serious as in a push down he stairs etc

the example I will give occurred to me again at RAF Tholthorpe

In Romney Hut 2, again turned into a paint shop there had been the sounds of someone pacing up and down the right side of the hut, a general unease and cold spots

Entering, I was accosted by the spirit of a rather abusive Sgt or Flt Sgt with dark hair in his mid-thirties, who was demanding to know, with many swear words, what we were doing in this area.

He was vehement that we had no business being there and that he wanted us to leave...he used every C and F word that can be imagined and was getting angrier all the time

At one point the author took a scratch to the upper lip of about 1 cm in length, from no identifiable source, that bled freely for a couple of minutes, this was shown to and documented by 5 other people

two days later Trevor while woking in there received an almost identical scratch

so Spirits can physically harm on purpose

stay tuned more to come - and please excuse - these are pre published accounts - but this is an open view forum so I don't want everyone in the world to know

Edited by Wodeborn
  • Like 1

Wodeborn

Any physical harm should be viewed as a problem and steps taken to rectify this - call in a medium and get them to move the spirit on

however there are other forms of harm, one being a vitality sapping and illness through spirit attachment.

This has been known about for centuries, milenia even, but along came those \christians and no it wasn't spirits - it was Demons...enough said

There was an extremel;y interesting (or at least it started that way) program entirled the Haunted that was shown a couple of years back on "Animal Planet"...well worth a look and got a double thumbs up from me as it highlighted the problems that can result to one's pets from an attachment...It fell down though with it's invariable American habit of finding Demmons under every bed and in every closet...when in truth it would be old Mr Smith..who was a right bastard in life and hasn't changed much since his death

Spirit attachment can cause sickness, disease and if for a long enough period, even death

Wodeborn

From the last Post I will forgive you if you come to the conclusion that I don;t believe in Demons or darker entiries...Actually I know they exist..call them by any name that you want

we sit on a spectra of energy with the poles of light and dark...both ends of which can intruth cause us trouble but for different reasons, but here we mention the darker forces

They are not as common as most of the current crop of TV paranormaspectaculainnitscary crop of programs would like to have us believe...I have run into them (entities that is) on a couple of occasions and in all times protections and psychic light has driven them back...this sounds far far easier than it was

these bastards can hurt once they take up residence, they claim it and seek to drive us the living out...if you think that you have contact with one get a more experienced medium shaman or priest if your bent runs that way to do the necsessary

• Like 1