Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Dare To Dream - can anyone advise please?

Guest Lilly whitelight

Iam not sure if this is the correct place but have any of you had dreams that have come true?

I keep having dreams & some of them come true & can be disturbing, one I had the other night, I drempt my sister had died in a fire, after I talked to a friend about it, I decided to phone my sister the next day, only to be told that she had fellen asleep after putting some toast on, was woken up by fireman cos someone had seen all the black acrid smoke & phoned the fire brigade. thankfully she only had smoke inhalation & whilst Iam greatful she is ok, its worrying me now as to what next. :lol: anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

lilly

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

I suggest you start a dream diary, writing down as soon as you waken, what you have dreamt, however banal it may seem at the time of writing.

In this way you will become more attuned to your dreams as well as start to recognise patterns, and if there are prophetic dreams, maybe some sort of markers too.

It is not uncommon to dream of things that come true - and it can be scary. Fortunately your sister was OK - did you dream in time to forewarn her? Be aware though, that calling folk up and explaining about a bad dream etc can be a bit - erm - well, some say batty! (They are the kind ones!)

Try to relax and accept that sometimes we do dream true - and keeping a diary will help you untangle what's what.

Thanks Taz,

Yes, I already keep a dream journal, I have odd dreams like everyone else & some times they are eventual ones like my sister dream but there doesnt seem to be any pattern to them.

The dream happend the morning before my sisters event but because I wasnt sure if I should warn her, I didnt phone until the next day. I never say much to my family because it freaks them out & my husband prefers not to know. :unsure:

Lilly

good idea with the dream diary.

on the warning dream: they are a bit startling aren't they? and it surprises us when we have these kinds of dreams (probably because as a society we're told that its just not poooosssible), but many people have them (especially with close relatives). Its only my thoughts but I think there is a kind of empathic link of sorts. Twins have this kind of experience (there's been studies in this kind of experience with twins but i can't think of anything specific).

love fizz

good idea with the dream diary. 

on the warning dream:  they are a bit startling aren't they?  and it surprises us when we have these kinds of dreams (probably because as a society we're told that its just not poooosssible), but many people have them (especially with close relatives).  Its only my thoughts but I think there is a kind of empathic link of sorts.  Twins have this kind of experience (there's been studies in this kind of experience with twins but i can't think of anything specific).

love fizz

287644[/snapback]

I think anyone can have it if the bond is right. It's not uncommon anyway.

Sorry fiz & woozle, havent yet mastered the "art of quote" (I'm only a baby on the forums you see!)

Yes, these dreams are very startling & I agree with you about the empathic link, my problem is that whilst I enjoy having dreams where Iam finding things out

(I can learn a lot about my friends if they are afraid to tell me!) I could cope with these dreams if it were just my family but they're not. some while ago I had a dream & saw a woman I didnt recognise fall, I could see what she was wearing & what she was like, I even got a surname, I didnt know anyone with this surname,so when I woke up, I asked my husband if he had worked with anyone of that name, he said he did & a few days later he was told that his work friends wife had fallen down the stairs at home, broken her neck & her husband found her. they were not known to me & were just someone my husband was aquainted with from his work.......now you see why hubs dont wanna know! I would love to find out more about this but at the same time, it does scare me...to bits! ;)

lilly

Be worth keeping a dream diary.

Maybe you just have a very good bond, similar to twins who experience what the other is going through.

It also could of been so that you woke up and called her.

I often get dreams involving ambulances and hospitals. When I finally wake up nine times out of ten I am having a minor asthma attack and have to take my inhaler/nebuliser.

Sorry fiz & woozle, havent yet mastered the "art of quote" (I'm only a baby on the forums you see!)

i've been on here a year and i only picked the quotes thing up last week!!! :) :lol:

Maybe you're just highly tuned in to the twanging going on on the web. If you believe in destiny/fate maybe people's accidents are already on the cards and you simply pick up on the quickening and if you get to warn the person and change the person's direction maybe this is also on the cards.

My own personal take is that everyone has a purpose in life ('cept bankers and politicians), a role to play or actions to perform, maybe this is yours. Sounds like a gift to me, though of course not all gifts are welcome.

I would like to know a lot more about these things woozle but its a wee bit scary.

I'd like to learn how to harness it, if harness is the correct word & gain a bit more understanding of it.

My older sister had this ability, got scared & somehow "forgot it" my mother & her mother before did.....I hope this doesnt mean Iam going to start seeing dead people in my bedroom! :lol: ( was going to add "bad enough seeing my hubs" but thought it a bit mean! :)

Lilly

It sounds like you are psychic as that tends to run in families. It has run in mine and I have had a few 'odd' experiences, usually within the dream world, but others in real life as well. It's not well developed, because I have pushed it into the back of my mind. That happens when fear kicks in. I have recently been more open to it by meditation.

This is not something, IMHO that can't be controlled. You just need to deal with it in the best way you know how. Let it flow and continue to keep a journal just to understand it more. Your psychic self looks like it comes through in dreams. Try lucid dreaming, when you wake up from a dream, ask yourself to have the dream reveal more information then go back to sleep while thinking about the dream. Dreams tend to be abstract, at least with me they are so we need to unravel it.

Edited by gypsimoon

Thanks Gypsimoon & all for your advice, I dont feel so alone with this now, Iam scared, I put my hands up to that but I'm also curious & excited at the same time.

Your idea to go back to bed with the dream sounds a good one, I will def. try that.

my thanks again one & all for your most welcome advice. :o_loony:

Lilly

• 4 weeks later...

My cousin had a dream in which my grandad was saying goodbye to her....a few days later he died.

Maybe there isn't a cause for these dreams...but maybe when you're close enough to someone you just have an intuition and can mentally aid them.

No one could have helped my grandad, it was a peaceful natural death, but i personally think that nature has its own way of lettings things go, or, in your case...or keeping things and saving things.

I wouldn't be scared, personally I'd take it as a blessing.

Edited by newskynewdaysamegrey