Haylee Linton

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

How Do I Find The Correct Path?

Guest Celtic_Pagan

I have known for the last 2 years that I am not Christian but it is only in the last few months that I have noticed that I relate more to Paganism than any other religion. I feel a deep connection to nature and have done since I was very young. I am also quite sensitive to me surroundings and absorb a lot of energy from my surroundings and people around me. Unfortunately I seem to absorb a lot more negative energy than positive and it does generally leave me feeling quite sad and drained.

I was wondering if any of this indicates a certain path that would be best for me or am I best to just keep exploring until I find the right path for me?

I was also if anyone could advise me on a way of balancing out the energies I absorb or limiting their effects on me?

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Option B. Explore until you land somewhere you're happy with.

You need to work on your protections, but everyone's got different ways of doing that. Wards, sigils, visualisations... it depends on what you're comfortable with.

Does the identity "Celtic Pagan" suggest that you're already looking in a certain direction?

gwyn eich byd

Ffred

Does the identity "Celtic Pagan" suggest that you're already looking in a certain direction?

gwyn eich byd

Ffred

296263[/snapback]

It does. I have been looking at Celtic traditions and symbolisms. I was initially drawn to this as I have a Celtic heritage.

Option B. Explore until you land somewhere you're happy with.

You need to work on your protections, but everyone's got different ways of doing that. Wards, sigils, visualisations... it depends on what you're comfortable with.

296253[/snapback]

What is the best way to learn about working on protections. I have been looking at Celtic Symbolisms for protection. Is there any specific parts of this forum where I could learn more or do you know if there is any particular books or other sites that have good information?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Went to local Waterstones which had a couple of books on Wicca and Tarot but not much else. Hoping to get to Edinburgh or Glasgow soon to check out bigger book stores.

I suggest you do as Esk has suggested, and simply continue to explore and enjoy your searches.

You may find you are drawn to one path, then discover another later on. This is fine. The main thing is (IMO) to keep an open mind and be happy searching and exploring new experiences.

The Celtic tales, myths, Gods and Goddesses are fascinating, their artwork and poetry beautiful. There is a wealth of stuff out there awaiting doscovery - so go discover - and enjoy!

Sacred Texts is a good site for reading - just Google it. Keep you outta mischief for months!

Judy Hall wrote a good book called Psychic Protection.

It has helped me no end in all sorts of ways.

To help get you started out on the search for protection info you should look into:

Energy Intake/Application.

Shielding

Grounding

This will pretty much give you the foundation or "101" that you need for protection to be effective. Its only a start mind but all are easily researched on the tinterweb.

Excellent advice from the others as usual :)

We're not here to tell you what path you should be on, or what you should be doing. All we can do is advise according to our own knowledge and experience, and it's up to you what you do with that advice :D

To be honest, before you go buying books, surf the web, have a look at the Sacred Texts site. Don't waste your money buying the "How to be a Pagan Witch!" books, once you've bought one, you really have bought them all as they contain the same information, just presented in a different way.

If you're interested in Celtic history, then go to the museum in Edinburgh, it's got some incredible artefacts. Visit ancient sites and see how you feel around them. Read the mythologies and see how they affect you.

Oh - and you could come along to the PF Conference in Edinburgh next Saturday if you're able to :o_rofl: :)

If you're interested in the Ancient British world (what is misnomered 'Celtic' in modern parlance), then read books on archeology and history. I would avoid anything with 'Celtic' and 'Wicca' or 'Pagan' in the book title as a lot of these are based on personal gnosis and wishful thinking.

Miranda Green is quite a respected author on all things ancient and British, so I would recommend her books as a starting point.

Rhiannon

I would say 'just go with the flow' and a path will find you. As the others have said, research via internet, books, visiting special sites, all these will probably help. I think sometimes people feel better if they have an actual named path, i.e. wicca, druid, heathen etc, but your path will be your own and you should do what feels right, and this might mean being 'electic' and believing in various ideas from different paths......

The National on Chambers Street (sorry, civil service, just call it "The" Museum!  :(  )

296319[/snapback]

The one on Chambers Street has some smashing stuff, but the one on George Street has interesting things too, though it's nowhere near as large. It has some hefty looking great swords, for a start. I prefer the Chambers Street Museum too, but don't neglect the George Street one.

And don't "do" them both on the same day.