Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Galaemar Laerareon
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greenman-ISG

A Little Help Along The Way - seeking basic knowledge on magick/ritual

Guest greenman-ISG

hello to all.

i am interested to learn of any simple rituals and ways of becoming more in-tune with nature and magick. not seeking anything complicated or elaborate to begin with, just enough to get me started learning and get more involved with the practical side of my path. all contributions are very much appreciated. have a good one :o_biggrin:

Ad from Google

Moonhunter

The best way to get in tune with nature is to go out there and observe. Watch the birds; study trees; look at what is in blossom at different times of the year.

it takes time. :o_biggrin:

I can't help you with rituals as we probably don't share the same religion. However, on the assumption you're interested in Wiccan-based stuff, there's hundreds of websites out there that include simple rituals and spells. We don't tend to publish that sort of ready-made stuff here, as this is a forum for exchanging views, rather than suppling educations materials on the many pagan paths. however, you may find that some people will give you links to websites they found helpful, if you can explain in a little more detail what path you're interested in.

Magic, in the end, is a matter of finding out what you want to use it for, and what works for you. If you need anything for a specific purpose, you may find others have asked and that there's a thread in the Magic & Ritual sub-forum. I suggest you take a look at a few of those. Good hunting! :D

Pomona

A very, very simple one would be to go to a place that resonates with you, and spend a bit of time there, making yourself an agreeable guest basically: removing any litter, bringing (bio-degradeable) offerings, listening and paying attention, and saying thank you to the spirits of the place, and keep on returning to build up a relationship.

Moonhunter

I've moved this to "Starter's Orders" as it seems like a better fit. :o_biggrin:

Fortuna

I would agree with what the other two have said about getting out there. I tend to think, and this is only my take on it, that a ritual is quite an artificial way to get in tune with nature. As well as spending the time tuning into it why not spend time learning about it. I know that learning about different types or trees or species of insects, fish or birds from books can feel a little meaningless, but when you go out there and find you can name the things you see, well its a very good feeling.

Mike

Guest greenman-ISG

thanks for the replys everyone. i am very fortunate that i live in the countryside and do alot of roaming around, so next time i am out i will remember what has been said, and just take a bit more time to relax and really take in my surroundings. hopefully then i will start building up a better relationship with nature. :o_biggrin:

Guest Tas Mania

Hi Greenman :o_biggrin:

I looked at your profile, and see you are Wiccan orientated - so hence this recommendation.

Marian Greene's excellent book, "Thirteen moons to master natural magic" is one I'd recommend as a starting point for anyone wanting to connect with nature magically. (In addition to what's already been recommended!)

It's accessible and user friendly, and you can get a used copy cheap on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Alone-Thirteen...l/dp/1855381125

Hope this helps. :D

Guest morbidia
Hi Greenman :o_bounce3:

I looked at your profile, and see you are Wiccan orientated - so hence this recommendation.

Marian Greene's excellent book, "Thirteen moons to master natural magic" is one I'd recommend as a starting point for anyone wanting to connect with nature magically. (In addition to what's already been recommended!)

It's accessible and user friendly, and you can get a used copy cheap on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Alone-Thirteen...l/dp/1855381125

Hope this helps. :o_bounce:

313975[/snapback]

i second that recomendation,i bought this book a few months ago and gave it a read throught first and im now going to work my way through it,there are practical exercises for you to try,its ideal for the new comer,i bought it because it wanted a bit of structure to the things im doing while i build up my experience, you might also find that once you get out and about ideas will pop into your head this happend to me a few months ago,i got an idea and was i can only say compelled to carry it out,i was only in my garden but the feeling i got that night will stay with me forever,so go with the flow and see what happens,good luck :o_beer:

Rhiana

Yep a good recommendation that one!

Edited by Rhiana

Guest greenman-ISG

got marian greens book thirteen moons to master natural magick. great book, thanks folks :lol: :P