Caroline Voclain

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

What Pulls Me This Way?

Guest Chemical Angel

Hi all.

All through my life, there are certain things that have pulled at me, and I never know why.

I love watching the moon, as she flows through her stages.

I am attracted to thunder and lightening, same as my Dad was.

Even though my birth stone is emerald, I have never liked them, being drawn to amethysts.

I prefer to be outdoors, especially where there are rivers or streams.

I have talked with my great aunt this morning, and she said that her sister, my Nana, was exactly the same, and spoke for hours to me when I was a small child, of being at one with nature, and respecting the earth. My Nana loved going to see the Niagara Falls, and told me that she could see spirits in the water. She went twice, and was going to take me, but sadly passed on before she could.

blessed be.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

You sound pretty normal to me hon, was there a specific issue you were wanting to ask about?  :D

320489[/snapback]

Not sure yet!!! :D

Apart from why a certain crystal would pull at me?? My brain is telling me that I should like my birthstone, yet it does nothing for me?? Do I make any sense?? :)

I have been told many times, over many years, that I wasnt normal, and that I needed help, and that I was a nutter!! So I repressed my feelings, for lack of a better word.

I suppose I am wanting someone to say, that what I feel, is normal, and that it is part of the process of finding myself.

My friends think I am a nutter, but the more reading I do, the more I am sure this is where I should be. That I am now stumbling onto the right path.

I have repressed so much for so long, to fit into 'normal' society, but now I have realised to find peace, I need to be true to myself, so started to research what is coming into my mind, and the more I look, the more I am understanding.

Do I make any sense??? :lol:

Well, for the birthstone, the only comment I can make is that I don't think it's necessarily, er, set in stone, that you should like the stone which has been arbitrarily assigned to the month of your birth. I don't like amethysts yet they're my birth-stone - I don't think it "means" anything.

As for the rest, well, I think you sound normal - just as normal as the rest of the planet in any event :) Don't worry about what you should be, concentrate on what you are and what you want to be. :D And enjoy the journey :D

I wouldn't worry about what others think you 'should' be. Just be who you are and accept yourself as such. You might as well ask why you like certain foods that others don't or colours, or people even.

Thanks for that.

Was just curious if there was any reason for being attracted to certain things. So used to being told that I was wrong, and not normal for so long, it is going to take a while to believe in me again.

Its just me, I suppose!! :D

Finding my feet. I did say I was clumsy, didnt I ?? :)

The first "rule" of Paganism: Normal is as normal does. One person's definition of normal is another's of gather-the-villagers-with-the-flaming-pitchforks :)

And the second: not everything means *something* :D Most of the time the most mundane and unexciting happenings are the order of the day - and quite right too :D

The first "rule" of Paganism:  Normal is as normal does.  One person's definition of normal is another's of gather-the-villagers-with-the-flaming-pitchforks  :D

And the second:  not everything means *something*  :D  Most of the time the most mundane and unexciting happenings are the order of the day - and quite right too  :lol:

320500[/snapback]

Thanks, I dont feel like I;m crazy anymore. I am just me again!! :)

The third rule of paganism: You do not talk about... oops :-)

and meaning is, at least in part, something we impose on experience. It's what our brains are good at... which means (sic) that we are in danger of making all sorts of shit up and taking it *way* too seriously.

If some one tells you that you like emeralds because in a past life... run a mile. Maybe working with emerald in some way symbolically will become important to you, maybe it won't. It all pans out.

And if you do get the chance, Niagra *is* awesome, if a tad commercial... but going out in the Maid of the Mist and sitting in the horseshoe of the falls, amidst that power, and thunderous noise, and dense mist and spray... something about your post tells me you'll love it.

Edited by Trance

I can realte to what you say, Chemical Angel, beinga "child of nature" myself. I could sit for hours under a tree as a child. (I am however swedish and we all are a bit nutty about nature here... :huh: ) I think that is perfectly normal! ;) I believe most people feels a fascination for nature and all her aspects. Not nutty at all.

Blessings

Deerheart

Rivers......woods......the moon. I think One would have to be seriously nutty not to like these things. Don't worry about what others expect you to like. You be true to yourself and you won't regret it.

Mike

I have to agree with everyone who has posted and would just like to add that i know where you are coming from, ive spent most of my life trying to be what i think i should be rather than what i am,over the last couple of years i have been working myself out and im now slowly showing people the real me, its been enlightening and funny and so far no ones run a mile,so i would say take time to dicover who you are and what floats your boat ,dont worry about any one else as the popular saying goes " those that matter wont mind and those that mind dont matter" :o_bolt:

I have to agree with everyone who has posted and would just like to add that i know where you are coming from, ive spent most of my life trying to be what i think i should be rather than what i am,over the last couple of years i have been working myself out and im now slowly showing people the real me, its been enlightening and funny and so far no ones run a mile,so i would say take time to dicover who you are and what floats your boat ,dont worry about any one else as the popular saying goes " those that matter wont mind and those that mind dont matter" :rolleyes:

320881[/snapback]

I agree. I also spent years trying to fit in and be "normal".There are many in the pagan community that would have us fit in and be normal too by asking which of the five or so paths we follow.

Im a bi sexual,vegan ,pagan witch who loves climbing trees,swimming in lakes and mountain streams,feeling the wind and rain against her skin,lighting fires and dancing in the light of the full moon and feeling truly alive.

It has taken 47 years to accept who i am and feel comfortable with myself and my nature.

hello chemical angel. :D

well, dont think theres much more to say. everyone that has posted a reply has pretty much covered all that i could really think off and i think there all spot on.

i will add that, from my experiences, i too have tried to fit in with everyone else in the past, and try and take an interest in what everyone else likes, or try to fit in with everyone else or be something your not just to try and win over that special someone :D.

lol, how wrong was i, it never feels quite right and in the end never works out. so, who cares what folk think? let them get on with it. as long as you are happy and what your doing is harming none, its no one elses business. thats the way i look at now. and i cant think of anywhere better to be than on top of a hill with the summer breeze watching the sunset and roaming green forests with the scent of pine in the air, watching nature go about its business and my dog by my side. bit cliche maybe, but i love it!! :lol: :D

I read somewhere words to the effect "stop trying to be someone you are not and start becoming the person you are" I thought it was rather nice :lol:.