Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Lost...any Idea?

Guest Treehugger33

Hello all.

Those who have known me on here for a while, will know that I have recently had a baby. While pregnant, my pagan beliefs and practices fizzled out, through lack of energy and drive.

Problem is, baby is 5mths I dont know how to kick start it again!

I was, what I would have described as a Solitary Witch, close to nature, concentrating on healing and herbs etc and with a keen interset in Herne and Celtic deities.

And now? Nothing. Not even a hint of anything and dont know how ro where I am in my beliefs anymore.

So does anyone have any advice? Anyone been through something similar?

Just to add, itrs not getting me down, I just feel like there a gap in my life where my path used to be.

Tree xx

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Oh I know how that feels, when I had my son, it was all nappies, washing, nappies, washing...

anyway this is what I did: I did my greeting with the dawn with him (v low key, no ceremony or anything). I also had a dog (great for bonding - if you get a dog though choose carefully) and when he was old enough Igot one of those baby backpack things and took him out into the countryside (or the nearest patch of unkept grass, trees etc). ah we went all over. I introduced him to stones (although watch for choking) and rainbows and all the things that we think are just plain ole boring today. I took him up hills to see the tops of things and hidden things (like when I used to do when I was a kid) exploring is all.

Occasionally, I'd do a bit of healing. and when I got the chance I'd soak up the sun , do a bath ritual just to get me through the business of it all.

fizz

Never having had a babby I cant quite put myself in your shoes but... I think Fizz has the right idea. Can you not share walks with him in this lovely autumn weather? Show him the pretty trees and let him just share the things your love. If It we're me... I'd be going for walks on the beach wrapped up nice and warm. Give him things to hold like Fizz says, stones and sticks and leaves (watch for being stuck into mouth intitally :D ). Show him nature. Sharing it with him is bound to reopen your love for it.

aww...running through autumn leaves, kicking them around, its like autumn snow, and the smells it gives off...aaaah wonderful.

Can only echo what the others have said. I'm still a bit adrift atm, but getting back into things slowly. Unless there's a pile of leaves tempting me... :rolleyes:

She is a bit wee for kicking leaves, lol. Only 5months old :rolleyes:

Problem is, I have three other kids, 4 if you count Dave lol, so its busy busy busy!!!! But, yeah, I do love to get out to the woods and local walks, tho they are a bit bumpy in places for the pram. I do know it will get easier once she is walking etc.

Think i need to just get outside as much as I can with her, renew connections etc. Maybe go gather some wood for a fire would be a good start.

Thanks folks!!!

tree x

She may be too small to be kicking leaves but she can watch you lot do it and prepare for the future! :blink:

I agree with what everyone else has said.... get out and about and take in your surroundings, the changing seasons, the elements. Baby will tune into it all and so will you.

Good luck. And remember.... enjoy every moment! :)

I'm a bloke but here are two pieces of advice I received when in a similar spiritual state:-

A long time ago as a started to doubt Christianity my priest said - "You may let go of God but God won't let go of you. Well I'm here to say that Goddesses won't either <_<

Later reading about Witchcraft [i didn't become one] it was suggested that for some people it is necessary to " take the path of the hearth" before focusing your more specific spiritual path.

I think you already know that you are surrounded by your Deity whatever form it takes and whatever you have to spend your time doing. May I humbly suggest that you enjoy your baby and let your path come to you. Its under your feet right right now.

Go well and go happy,

Pat.

Edited by Moonsmith

She is a bit wee for kicking leaves, lol. Only 5months old <_<

Problem is, I have three other kids, 4 if you count Dave lol, so its busy busy busy!!!! But, yeah, I do love to get out to the woods and local walks, tho they are a bit bumpy in places for the pram. I do know it will get easier once she is walking etc.

Think i need to just get outside as much as I can with her, renew connections etc. Maybe go gather some wood for a fire would be a good start.

Thanks folks!!!

tree x

333087[/snapback]

Bring the outdoors in to her. Bring nature in to her play, and let it renew you.

Best memories I have of the kids are when we were out exploring nature, and some of the nature exploring our home.

I come from a farming family and all the kids have spent their pre-school days out in carry harnesses so that daily chores could happen as normal. North American Indians have always done it.

I know a bit of what you mean TH. I have two littles both under four. I seem to spend all my time rushing from one thing to the next trying to cram it all into the day in the right order to keep everyone dressed, clean, fed, watered, delivered and collected to various play groups and clubs and now nursery for the eldest, somewhere doing all the household chores, the allotment (which i have not got to in weeks - note to self) and suposidly keep my little business running. My spiritual practices seem to have gone right out of the window.

I do miss it. In part becasue it was my time, for me and my soul... a time and a place where I was not so-and-so's mother or the wife or the skivvy at home or even the public face of Shieldmaiden (who has definitly become a shield mother! :D )

I guess I have put it on the back burner and keep it alive by comming on here and reading and commenting, makes me think at least a little about what I belive and makes me feel that I am still seeking knowledge.

The Allotment and gardening helps, as does trying to get out and walk somewhere each day - I am fortunet I have a little nature reserve near by. There is a circular walk which my eldest can now manage on her own and I have recoved enough from the second to be able to back-pack Wiggly around. There are some benches where we can take a picnic - yes even at this time of year. And a small play area to occupy the Tadpole.

I do though remember my mother telling me after the first one (on me expressing my frustration with not being able to go out and do as much as I used to or wanted to) 'it takes nine months to make a baby and 9 (or more) to recover - paitiance and it will come back to you.'

I'll admit it is - slowly - but it does come back.

So it may just be a case of time for the fullness of your spiritual life to find you again and find a balance with the multiple pulls a young family gives to you.

Be bright, be bold

Fillionous

• 2 weeks later...

I'd agree that getting out into a natural environment will help.

I've used a sling with my youngest 2 and it has been absolutely brilliant. We can still manage to get out into the woods and walk without a having to cart a buggy around (in fact I don't even own a buggy anymore :) ). My youngest is 18 months now and I still carry her almost daily in a wraparound sling.

It means we can go and collect bits and pieces for our season table and just reconnect with the earth.

Hope you can re-find your path. :)

Treehugger, five months! Well lets see...... cholic, nappies, teething, sleepness nights.......a total change in just about everything in your life. Its no wonder you don't feel your path is as clear to you as before, but lets face it, you're probably too knackered.

After a while, things get easier, they get older and believe me, as soon as they are old enough to explore and ask questions or express awe at something adults find mundane, you will soon find lots to illuminate your path.

Don't feel you have lost your path, sounds to me as though you are sitting down in a clearing for a while, catching your breath while you decide which of the many paths leading away from it you will choose.

Mike

Thanks all for your advice.

I ahve felt the stirrings coming back, and I"m getting more me time, going to the gym, which free's up my mind for ponderings.

I can feel my energy growing and feelingn the pull backj to the woods. So, today I have decided, that once tiddler has had her morning nap, we're off to the woods and the dam. Fresh air, exercise, and best of all, nature all around.

Thanks all.

Tree xx