Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Rewriting My Bos - old page recycling?

Guest Noscere

To get to the point my Book of Shadows is getting on to be about 15+ years old, some of the pages are dog eared and stained while other pages have words on them that are bearly readable because the ink I used has faided.

I have taken it upon my self to re write some of my spells and rituals, mainly the old an =d warn out ones or the ones that are on badly damaged pages. I am lucky in the fact that when I started my BoS I used a ring binder file to keep my notes and pages in so the pages are easily replaced.

My question is what do I do with the pages I am replacing? I dont want to just throw them in the bin and Im not ging to shred them as they have searved me well. So what do you do with old and broken tools?

I have thought about burrying them or making a small fire and let the elementals take the pages back.

Any ideas?

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

No! That would be like burning photographs. Surely they don't take up much room and presumably they provide a record of the journey you have taken over the past fifteen years, and of how your thoughts and beliefs have evolved. I also suspect you have poured a lot of thought into its writing. Unless it is something you are ashamed of in some way keep it somewhere. As for the elementals, let them write their own book.

I can throw away broken tools, but old ones which I have got to know and have shaped with my hands.......... never.

Mike

Given that you are copying out the battered pages and these copies will take the place of the battered faded pages. As long as they are faithful copies (no sudden new additions / improvments) I see no problem in 'disposing' of the old worn out paper.

Lots of 'holy' books were thus copied and pages replaced in rebinding so that the over all tome survived.

I guess you can do one of a few things... you could put all the old pages in a envalope and store them as a sort of appendix at the end of the Bos if you don't want to directly dispose of them.

Flat pieces of paper actually take quite a while to rot if burried, thus I might be tempted to compost them and then use the compost to grow magical herbs...

or prehaps pulp the paper and make new pages for your book or some magical tool with the paper mache...

I think I would not want to burn them... that hints too much for me at book buring and all the bad conitations of that...

Just thoughts

Be bright, be bold

Fillionous

Oh I see. I envisaged your old pages covered with notes, changes and crossings out. If not, I agree with Fillionous. If they do have musings and re-workings, then they are worth keeping.

Mike

I could try and quote everyone but im not going to ;) . Instead I will just thank everyone for their advice. Like Fortuna advised I am going to re write the battered pages and the pages were I cant read the text, I am going to put a page protecter in the back of my BoS which will hold all the pages and notes I have re done.