Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Hazel

Meditation And Journeying

Guest muddymick
I really cannot understand why you are so discombobulated. I have retained decorum and courtesy, I have neither attacked you personally nor have assumed opinion over evidence contrary to your outburst.

'I think you will find' and 'so thanks this fails to refute' etc are neither discourteous nor condescending.

I would like to posit that it is indeed your misapprehension as to my intentions that has elicited such an emotive response as opposed to the actual content of my posts.

I think that if you calm down and try to reread my post objectively we could come to some mutual accord

MM, if you are unable to see how offensive and patronising your attitude is, we have little further to say to each other.

392278[/snapback]

Hi M,

And again I have answered questions/queries. I have not risen to inflammatory statements and I have remained courteous.

Of course I fully understand your reluctance to engage if you feel emotionally or intellectually threatened however you have my assurances this was not my intention.

With Regards

MM

:)

Ad from Google

Moonhunter
Of course I fully understand your reluctance to engage if you feel emotionally or intellectually threatened however you have my assurances this was not my intention.

392281[/snapback]

Oh, bless! :)

Guest muddymick

392281[/snapback]

Oh, bless! :)

392282[/snapback]

Thank you M,

Regards

MM

Xalle

Right.

Lets just straighten out a few wee things shall we?

Mick, you are new here and I don’t know your experience of forum life but whether you realise it or not the tone of your posts are upsetting folks. You may well mean no harm by them and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment "but" and do please pay attention to the "but" this has now been pointed out to you and you now to consider your style. This is a forum where tone is interpreted. There is no body language for people to read, no cadence in what you write and if someone is misunderstanding your tone or intention it is YOUR responsibility to clarify.

Coments such as

I fully understand your reluctance to engage if you feel emotionally or intellectually threatened

You will get away with ONCE. This is your once.

Guest muddymick
Right.

Lets just straighten out a few wee things shall we?

Mick, you are new here and I don’t know your experience of forum life but whether you realise it or not the tone of your posts are upsetting folks. You may well mean no harm by them and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment "but" and do please pay attention to the "but" this has now been pointed out to you and you now to consider your style. This is a forum where tone is interpreted. There is no body language for people to read, no cadence in what you write and if someone is misunderstanding your tone or intention it is YOUR responsibility to clarify.

Coments such as

I fully understand your reluctance to engage if you feel emotionally or intellectually threatened

You will get away with ONCE. This is your once.

392351[/snapback]

Hi X,

If you would be kind enough to read back across a number of threads I have been insulted, taunted answered with out rhyme nor reason and yet I pick up on another's inability to engage and hazard a guess as to why and I am threatened presumably with expulsion?

Well what can one say? I understand that you will have received complaints from a couple of quarters, as some are wont to do when faced with intellectual embarrassment.

I would hope you could suggest an alternative style (if style is the question) or language (if phraseology is the bone of contention) or what?

Regards

MM

Xalle

I have read all the threads. I'm a moderator and I am in the process of moderating a couple of the other threads. I'm telling you the reason you are being given such a hard time is your tone. You come accross, probably unintentionally as patronising and condecending. Hence the viceral responses from the other members. I'm advising you to consider this. How you overcome it... thats for you to work out. You should know, the life blood of this site is robust, and sometimes very heated debate. But debate for the most time done with respect. You need to find a way to communicate your knowledge and thoughts in a way that does not turn people off. Otherwise the wealth of knowledge you have and could share will be wasted.

fizzyclare1

Hi Hazel,

on meditation and journeying, well, I used to find active meditation really helpful. I liked to go out into nature and get meself on a long walk. I found that this used to clear my head and just reeeelax.

with the journeying thing, what do you mean?

• Like 1

Guest artywitch

Hazel i have read this book called ladies of the lake. It is a great book for learning to not only meditate but to learn how to do journeying, i will try and remember who wrote it.

I think like everything if you can do something well you cannot understand why no one else can. But the weird thing is when i had loads of things on my mind, had a busy life and worked 6 days a week i found meditating easy. Now not leaving the house and being an anti social old cow i find it hard.

Its like yoga, some can do it. and others just get stuck trying.

Guest artywitch

Thats the one. On the whole is quite king arthery, but the journeying stories are relaxing to read.

Hazel

Hi Fizyclare1, I think like you I am finding active meditation to be more of a help to me right now. Although I do enjoy what I call journeying. One thing I am learning is that people use words in different ways, but when I talk of journeying what I am referring to is a kind of visualization where I build a scene up in my mind.

Although I understand that not everyone means this when they talk of journeying.

Artywitch, thank you for your book suggestion. I have added it to my wish list.

fizzyclare1

aah right visualisation, does your scene have a purpose? say, does/could it pose a further question for reflection or a meeting point for an otherworldly experience...gosh there could be loads of things really (as to purpose that is)...well, whichever go with the flow.

I've never really 'got' visualisation exercises although I appreciate their usefulness for others. I usually just plod on for a bit and see what happens spontaneously (like dreams and stuff) and then I go find out about what ever my dream might be about from different perspectives.

Moonsmith
aah right visualisation, does your scene have a purpose? say, does/could  it pose a further question for reflection or a meeting point for an otherworldly experience...gosh there could be loads of things really (as to purpose that is)...well, whichever go with the flow.

I've never really 'got' visualisation exercises although I appreciate their usefulness for others.  I usually just plod on for a bit and see what happens spontaneously (like dreams and stuff) and then I go find out about what ever my dream might be about from different perspectives.

392579[/snapback]

Have you ever gone back into a dream and reworked it Fizz?

fizzyclare1

um...don't think so...but could you give an example, cos I might have done and not realised it..

Moonsmith

I've done it myself when I have not understood a dream or been frightened by it. I have often taken my children through a re-work when they have had bad dreams.

You decide how you can build protection for yourself. For instance we envisaged an impermeable bubble [with a rocking horse in it!] for my daughter. You then let yourself pass into a dozy state where you can get back into your dream but are conscious. You then make the dream run how you want it - you empower yourself to control the situation. Chloe has made friends with a dragon and ridden a nasty man over a cliff. My son did this all by himself at a very young age. If he had a dream about a monster he'd just have another one where he hunted it down and killed it.

You can go through a door from a bad situation to a better place. You can weed paint or build where you found dereliction etc.etc. Its incredible how skilled you can be in a dream!

fizzyclare1

ah, right yeah, might give that a go tonight see what happens, thats if i can get off to sleep

Moonsmith
ah, right yeah, might give that a go tonight see what happens, thats if i can get off to sleep

392725[/snapback]

Are you sure you are looking for enlightenment :P ;)

fizzyclare1

well I am open to anything really, I've kind of got an inbuilt mechanism atm, head hits pillow, wake up kind of thing...probably need a big hammer. hee!

Moonsmith

392725[/snapback]

Are you sure you are looking for enlightenment :ph34r: :ph34r:

392728[/snapback]

I was thinking more of you reworking your encounter with the Pict :lol:

fizzyclare1

yeah, sure gotcha, gonna post on that thread though cos dont want to take this thread off topic.