Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Help For A Newbie

Guest Magical FairyDust

Hi all,

If you read my introduction and my interests on my profile you just might know that I am a lover of nature and animals. I believe this earth and all that is in it should be honoured, respected, and cared for. To me nature and animals are our friends and we should be doing everything in our power to protect them, care for them and help them.

I was wondering if all you knowledgeable people out there could tell me of any religions (I hate the word religion but I can't find any other way to describe it) that are centred around nature, nature/spirit guides, reincarnation and respect, love and care for this earth.

I know I am probably looking for something that doesn't exist but I just wanted your thoughts and ideas.

If you want any more information or have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Blessings,

Magical FairyDust[/color=purple]

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

You can be all the things you describe and simply call yourself a pagan. That is one of the great things about Paganism, that you are free to follow your own spirituality and work out for yourself what things you happen to feel are central to you. Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but it is the way many folk express themselves as Pagan.

Mike

explore the threads on here and elsewhere, including books, dip into archaeology/history and stuff and see what resonates with you...that will be your best guide atm. key thing is to explore and not make a decision yet, evaluate ideas as you go, think critically but also have fun with your explorations, experiment and try things out...

love fizz

I have been interested in Native American beliefs but, like anything, they can differ between tribes. Plus I don't know where to find information on it. Does anyone know of where I can find some reliable info, or of any paths of paganism that are similar to it?

Would heathenry be along the same lines as Native american beliefs or even similar to what I am looking for? Where would I find some reliable information on this path?

Magical FairyDust

Would heathenry be along the same lines as Native american beliefs or even similar to what I am looking for? Where would I find some reliable information on this path?

Magical FairyDust

399347[/snapback]

I'm not convinced that Native American beliefs constitute a single belief system or world view. Actually I'd struggle to really be sure since there really is so much garbage out there masquerading as "authentic" Native American stuff.

Of course I'm biased - I'm a heathen so I'm bound to promote our way but it all depends what you're looking for. We're not for everybody. However, there's lots of good people here and lots of interesting threads - why the rush into anything? Take a while and enjoy the view first ...

Marcus

If I may.

I appreciate when something is new to you it can ber very overwhelming and you always feel that panic to have things sorted and in place and something you can just get on with. It honestly doesn't seem to work that way and truth be told there are so many paths you could take yourself down from Heathenry, Wicca and Druidry to Buddhism when it comes to "religions" or you could consider animisim or Pantheism which are more of a concepts of what or how the world/universe is... or there is the eclectic way, picking and choosing what feels right to you and allows you to create your own path.

Unfortunately, we here do not have a list of the pagan religions or paths that make up paganism BUT you can find information on many of the various paths on the internet and here if you take time to read back and when it comes to any questions you have, I am sure folks here will be happy to try and help.

One thing I would say is that I agree with Marcus when he says.. Native American isn't one thing. There were tribes scattered all across america and they developed very different approaches to the devine and as far as I was aware the vast majority did not differentiate between the devine or religion and how they lived their life. A bit like most pagan paths I suppose, less of a faith/path and more of a way of being.

Thank you for your replies.

I agree with you Xalle, sometimes I do get this overwhelming feeling to have things sorted. But I just need to be patient and take a look around and do some reading. It may take years for me to find my path, then again, I may never find my path. As they say, patience is a virtue.

Do either of you of any websites where I could find some reliable information on Buddism, Heathenry, Animism and Patheism? I just would love to find some reliable information and get stuck in with learning.

Magical FairyDust

For Heathenry why not try this?

for the others, I would suggest there are very many, many websites out there, and you may simply have to sift through them for yourself, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Have you tried a word search on our forums? There may well have been some discussions in the past which might interest you.

As for taking a while to find a path, don't you think that you might already be on your path............ just at the beginning though. Wherever you end up, this period of uncertainty and searching will have been an important one to you in the long run.

Mike