Caroline Voclain

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Guides! - Do you have one?!

Guest Lostgirl

Hi everyone :)

So i was wondering if anyone has a guide?! Do you believe in them!? How did you make first contact?! How did you know you had one? Was it signs or did you just have a feeling you werent alone?!

Im curious because ive been on other more spiritual forums and they talk about guides alot but none of them are Pagan. I was just wondering if guides play a big part in Paganism?

Thank you all in advance? x

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

I've got a Guide in the living room that's driving me spare, she's yours if you want her (just don't tell my cousin, I'll say I lost her on the way to the Guide hut).

Guides in the form of inner animal spirits or otherworldly beings are a part of many types of Druidry, used more as a sounding board or a companion for pathworking/journeying than in the Derek Acorah sense. It can be useful to have a regular character appear in pathworkings to act as a kind of spirit guide but I don't think many Druids believe these constructs to be much more than a way to tap into the unconscious.

I kind of have an inner guide, in the form of a pictish man (sort of). I am not sure whether he is a spirit (like what a medium contacts) but his advice has been pretty sound so far...

Guides in the form of inner animal spirits or otherworldly beings are a part of many types of Druidry, used more as a sounding board or a companion for pathworking/journeying than in the Derek Acorah sense. It can be useful to have a regular character appear in pathworkings to act as a kind of spirit guide but I don't think many Druids believe these constructs to be much more than a way to tap into the unconscious.

402025[/snapback]

This I did not know thanks for sharing!

I am an honorary Girl Guide... really :huh:

402130[/snapback]

And this... does not surprise me. :lol: :o_rofl: :D

I beleve i have a guide it is my best friends grandad the strange bit of it i didnt no to start of with that the things i saw and heard was reail till a few weeks back when i was at a fellow pagans home and i was up stares and saw her gran father it wasnt untill i whant and spoke to here a few mins later that every thing he told me was right now he comes to me more often than i some times fill comfertbule with my friend has 1 to if it wasnt for her i beleve id still be thinking i was mad and lossing the plot and the best thing is her grandad fills that he can now tell her every thing he whants and sees me as family

I believe I have lots of guides. A small number may stay with me through out my life but most will come and go.

I also believe that guides will not tell you how to live your life. They only ever guide you to yourself, and the best guide you can ever have is your own inner voice.

But like I said this is just what I personally believe.