Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Mentor Wanted

Guest New Witch

Hello,

I am very new to really knowing what i am doing though i have had many private conversations with the goddes s before and believe myself to have spiritual gifts. If anyone in london could be a mentor and help me learn and find my way it would be appreciated.

bethany

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Hi again :)

I could go into the whole "depends what path are you on/ what kind of mentor are you looking for etc" but it's maybe an idea for you to have a look at the Pagan Federation website, and at the "green pages" in Pagan Dawn magazine where groups etc are advertised. It's rare to find individual mentors looking for mentees, relationships like that usually stem out of being involved with a group and getting to know the people well.

My thoughts are that if you're totally new to Paganism, looking for a moot to go along to is your best starting point. That and exploring things on your own. That way you can develop your own bullshit-ometer about who's out there and what's being said - and it might be useful for you to develop your ideas about what you're looking for so that if you still want someone to guide you, you can make sure it's along a path you want to be on and not one you're being forced down because that's what someone else does.

Paganism's a very individual path and there's no pattern for everyone, so my advice would be to see where you feel you fit first before looking for more in-depth training.

Just my opinion of course :)

Stay well away from *anyone* who volunteers for this!

Just take it easy and hang around a few places online and soak up as much info as you can before trying to get involved too much. There's no rush.

Stay well away from *anyone* who volunteers for this!

Just take it easy and hang around a few places online and soak up as much info as you can before trying to get involved too much. There's no rush.

Oh Gods, I need to lay down, I feel a headache coming on, I'm in total agreement with Alistair's words above... :P

Fuxache. Everyone keeps saying this. Why don't you just realise that agreeing with me should be the default position and then work forwards from there instead of coming over all queer when you all realise how wrong you've been all along?

• Like 1

Fuxache. Everyone keeps saying this. Why don't you just realise that agreeing with me should be the default position and then work forwards from there instead of coming over all queer when you all realise how wrong you've been all along?

I've agreed with a couple of things you've said recently Alistair. I've had myself checked out and seem to be okay! Hopefully it is just a phase we are all going through! ;)

Mike