Caroline Voclain

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

What I Believe - A little help, if you will?

Guest Dødsskyggens

The Gods of mythology aren't Omniscient, or Omnipotent, or Benevolent (for the most part). I see no reason to believe them to be. I know not their limits, but they do seem to be there. I have never felt beyond the range of deities I have spoken to... however... I don't believe that their attention is everywhere, that they are subject to our whims, or that they can control everything. I think two gods do not often go against each other. All I say about the Gods is conjecture; I don't understand them.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Think of the Gods as your employers and you work in a massive multi-national corporation. Whilst every single employee gives something to the company, the managerial staff cannot know each and every person who works for and with the company. At the same time, they may see someone truly exceptional in their field and hire them to do specific tasks as direct representatives within the corporation. .

Now that's just freaky.

That analogy (the corporation, deities being Directors etc) is one I've used in the past to try and describe deities...

That's just... weird...

Think of the Gods as your employers and you work in a massive multi-national corporation. Whilst every single employee gives something to the company, the managerial staff cannot know each and every person who works for and with the company. At the same time, they may see someone truly exceptional in their field and hire them to do specific tasks as direct representatives within the corporation. .

Now that's just freaky.

That analogy (the corporation, deities being Directors etc) is one I've used in the past to try and describe deities...

That's just... weird...

*Sigh* Pomona, when will you learn? All things are interconnected, thus your words are mine and vice versa? :rolleyes: :P

• 2 months later...

When it comes to herbal treatments (which I believe in) it's not just the science and fact of it all that I consider. They are called magikal herbs for a reason. And with that, something magikal may be working within a sick person using a certain herb. The treatment is magikal, sometimes unexplainable, aswel as physical and mental treatment. I do not believe that one should always go for the 'does what it says on the tin' drugs when you feel called or pulled towards something a bit different, like herbs and homeopathy. I truely believe there are many things we don't know about healing herbs, or simply the healing energies of The Goddess etc. Modern medicine is brilliant and has helped me in many ways. I believe the humans of years ago didn't have the knowledge nor equipment to gather information about herbs. Evolution shows a steady growth in our brain function over thousands of years. One thing at a time.

Good. Some here are approaching the reality of this Realm and the Powers it contains. I hope it doesn't burn your eyeballs out and that when you have the opportunity and ability to face down a God/ess you do so. Adds to your self esteem even if it cripples you, adds to the fun of life and you have more where this one came from, if you want.

Hey Jape,

I want, I want! :rolleyes: Yes, I have been crippled many a time in my life,(a bit too much for a 28 year old I personally think) but it has only made me stronger. So is there anything you wish to bring up in this current discussion? I'm all for honestly and openmindedness

Spiderlady x

When you know the forum and me better you will see that I sometimes drop my comments seemingly without connection into threads. When I do that I am responding to an urge that can come from anywhere, just I will always honour it. It may be that you pick up on it, or Nik the original poster. I don't know. It usually comes from concurrent activity, magick or thinking in my part and can go anywhere. Up to you.