Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] Dr. Seuss- lessons worth learning and remembering

UK Pagan

My son's first grade teacher really instilled in him a love of learning about the context of books. She is also a big fan of Dr. Seuss- every March, she really celebrates Dr. Seuss in her class. Gavin still loves Dr. Seuss thanks to this amazing teacher. It was this segment that had me re-reading Dr. Seuss.

I, like many other children, read Dr. Seuss. I watched "The Grinch" at Christmas and knew all about the Cat in the Hat. It wasn't until adulthood that I realized how many lessons, lessons I really believe in, I began to learn from Dr. Seuss. Theodore Giesel, the man behind the books, wrote about religious intolerance, social justice, environmental conservation and being true to oneself.

Now, as a parent, I am incredibly grateful to this man for writing books that help me teach my children important lessons about life with humor and color. I'm sitting here, watching "In Search of Dr. Seuss", a combination documentary and animated film about the life and work of Dr. Seuss. My appreciation and admiration for the man is growing. He faced discrimination, economic problems, frustration with he work world, and failure, and yet, he kept trying, kept creating and kept standing up for what he believed in.

I have been having a difficult time lately, and Dr. Seuss is helping me holding on. He didn't give up when things got tough; he didn't have a perfect life, but he made something of it, even the dark parts. And he didn't encourage us to grow up; he challenged us to keep imagining, keep trying , and keep finding the silliness in life.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.Which is what I do. And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.- Dr. Seuss

View the full article

Ad from Google