Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Wiccan Web] Practicing The Presence Of The Goddess

UK Pagan

By Barbara Ardinger When I wrote about ways of being in the world on April 29, I went past mere existentialism and suggested that benevolence is a good way to be in the world. Be kind to people. Be polite. (Or as kind and polite as it's possible to be in a world that . . . → Read More: Practicing the Presence of the Goddess

View the full article

Ad from Google

Freebird

Ignoring the fact that not everybody deals with a goddess, do you live your life in a "mindful" way?

Do you wander around talking to Isis/Thor/Universe* as you empty the cat's tray? Or are they just quietly in the background to be dealt with when occasion demands?

Personally, I tend to just get on with life. My Lady gets a small morning ritual, and occasionally I'll have a quiet chat with her (or occasionally she'll have 'a word' with me!) I have a feeling that if I went around burbling at her all day she'd soon tell me to STFU!

*other deities, mythical beings and spiritual constructs are available ;)

Moonhunter

I have a feeling that if I went around burbling at her all day she'd soon tell me to STFU!

:lol: Yep!

Maeve

For the most part, I get on with the human side of living life :) Sometimes, I become aware of a presence - usually when I am in the garden - and that can variously be a spirit of place or one of the godesses or gods with whom I have contact and revere. It is not necessary always to communicate but simply to acknowledge awareness and then get on with whatever I am doing. There are times when I feel the need to initiate a conversation and I usually do that at the appropriate altar in a formal way bringing an offering of whatever I know to be pleasing and if none, to ask what I might exchange for a favour ............ it is not easy to generalise here but it is true for me to say that these occasions are not daily but from time to time !

Then there are the very formal times in coven ritual in the company of others - most recently in a lovely ancient wood. When that part of the ritual that "drew down the Moon" - called upon the goddess - came along, the sun came out and shone down into the circle (it had been cloudy and dull with some rain until then) in the way that light rays stream through the trees in shafts, straight into the centre of the circle and onto the priestess who was the subject of the ritual ... quite awesome and magical!

Otherwise, life just has to go on!

• Like 1

Freydis

I have a feeling that if I went around burbling at her all day she'd soon tell me to STFU!

Oh yes. Burbling is definitely not welcome. :o_wink: