Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Wiccan Web] The Three (or more?) 'Centers'� of Paganism

UK Pagan

Celebrating Nature, Working Magic, and Honoring Deities

By John Halstead

Imagine that the Pagan community has not one, but multiple 'centers'. Imagine each of these 'centers' defines Pagan identity and authenticity differently. To begin with there is what I will call 'earth-centered Paganism'. I realize this is a problematic term, because 'earth' is a cultural . . . → Read More: The Three (or more?) 'Centers' of Paganism

View the full article

Ad from Google

Freebird

An interesting take on the eternal "what is paganism" debate, and maybe it clarifies the position slightly.

Or does it?

Personally I think I'd find myself in the triple overlap area, but not in any fixed position.

Dreigiau

Hey I know that guy. He came to our Lughnassadh ritual last year. And seeing which two Pagan "centers" he identifies with I can see why he never came back...I agree with you Freebird though, I think I occupy all three centers but to varying degrees depending on what I am doing.

Guest Uthain the Mad

Thanks for the link. Interesting I found the comments about the difference between Pagansim and the Abrahamic religions struck the strongest cord with me. Whereas Abrahamist see this life as essentially a living hell, we Pagans (and for different reasons Atheists) do not.

Personally I tend to fall into two categories (loosely honorouring, well they might get my respect...you know give a little get a little) but am steering well clear of magick basically because I would never trust myself to know a little magick let alone a lot as I can be a wrathful little so and so.

Best wishes

Uthain