Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Wiccan Web] Magic for Personal Gain

UK Pagan

By Patti Wigington

One of the first cautionary warnings that people new to the magical life seem to stumble upon is the idea that magic shouldn't be used for personal gain. There doesn't seem to be any clear-cut precedent for where this mandate came from, and in fact not all Wiccan or Pagan traditions follow

. . . → Read More: Magic for Personal Gain

View the full article

Ad from Google

Pomona

Not a long article this one, but the premise is interesting and one that crops up in discussions now and then: what are the ethics around doing Magick for oneself. I'd say that all Magick is done for oneself in one way or another, whether directly or the feel-good factor, or satisfaction, or whatever. I do know that people new to magickal practice do get their knickers in a twist about the ethics of it though, but what do you think?

Guest Nelly

'Think of it this way. Let's say you are particularly skilled at building things. Is there some big Rule of Building that says you're only allowed to construct things for other people, but never for yourself'

I found the above quote very thought provoking. I dont see why you shouldnt do things for yourself, if you have that ability, I suppose its up to the individual to decide.

Edited by Nelly

Guest Uthain the Mad

At the end of the day it's about personal ethics and choice. If you want to use magick for your own benefit, that's your choice, if you want ot use it for others, again your choice. And if anyone wants to do some magick to help me get a job or win the Euromillions then please feel free, you after all dong it for someone else's benefit not your own. ;)

Best wishes