Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Wiccan Web] Thinking Godspousery is For You? Read This.

UK Pagan

By Darkhawk via Gefnsdottir

It has come to my attention that there are certain individuals who seem to believe that coercing a deity into a spousal relationship (assuming it's even possible) is a good idea. One such individual posted at The Cauldron forum today, bemoaning the fact that they €want Loki to love them, . . . → Read More: Thinking Godspousery is For You? Read This.

View the full article

Ad from Google

Pomona

No idea why there's a Euro sign in front of the "want" - can only assume that the Trickster is having a wee jest :P

But - anyway - this is a really good blog post, I think, because it can be applied to not just the idea of "Godspousery" (has anyone else heard of this? it's a new one on me!) but the concept of oathing yourself or dedicating yourself to a god and what that can entail. I did have a link (now long lost) to a site written by a woman who had actually taken an oath of celibacy in dedicating herself to Vesta, that was the depth of her devotion to her goddess. It is an extreme, but the idea of actually sacrificing part of yourself, or your time, or goods etc, in a meaningful and loving offering is something that doesn't get addressed very often.

Guest OyasDancer

I've known of godspousery for a while and I do know of a few people who take it very very seriously and their commitment to it is big too. It's not like having boyfriends in the mundane world. It's pretty heavy, and it does worry me sometimes people don't realise how serious it is. It's not a game of Second Life. You don't get to quit because it's difficult, and if (as I've seen in some cases) people have issues they need to work through about lonliness, rejection, etc, then being godspoused isn't going to cure it.

Good to see someone stepping forward, I've seen too many "I've known Loki for three months and now we're married, squee!!" types online.