Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Talbot Michaels
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Karen

A Few Intial Ramblings!

Karen

I thought this was going to be really easy to write down but now I've come to do it my head is a jumble ... and this might end up that way too so I apologise in advance!

I've always had a belief in God, as in God the creator and overseer of all things. I have my own views on the Bible and Jesus. For example I believe the Bible to be a metapohor rather than being a literal record of events. I do believe Jesus existed but I think he was born an ordinary man who was chosen in some way to spread the word of God. Personally I do not see him any more or less important than say Mother Theresa or Buddha. However, over the last few years I feel as though I've been looking for something more and I have been strongly attracted to the pagan path.

There seems to be so much to learn but I've decided to concentrate initially on what feels important and what interests me the most. I feel a strong connection to the earth and to nature. I believe that it isn't just living breathing creatures who have a soul or who have feelings. I'm not sure it's normal think inanimate objects have feelings but there you go!

I am keen to learn about Godesses, cycles of the moon and herbalism as these interest me a lot.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot of things from this site :)

Ad from Google

Pomona

Well, much of what you've said I agree with, and, if you read my post on other threads, what you suggest about concentrating initially on what you believe to be important is what I consider elementary, essential beginnings for people new to their path. And in fact for people at any stage on it - I'm a great believer in paring stuff back and going back to essentials. I do disagree slightly about the Bible though, yes, much of it is mythical and metaphorical, but a lot of it is actual Jewish history and I actually find it an interesting read, if nothing else to get the feel for how people thought at that time.

But the stuff that you're interested in, Goddesses, herbalism, lunar cycles etc, we've an abundance of threads about those if you have a search. It's an amazing, wondrous path you're on, I really am looking forward to hearing what you discover. :) If you haven't already found if, we have a blog section on the site - might be worth starting one to record your journey? :)

shinicat

What you describe about christianity and the bible is much the same that i thought before I discovered that paganism existed and there were other ways of thinking about spirituality that weren't monotheism and also not any of the big, well known religions.

Like Pomona says, go search on here, read everything you can get your hands on, and don't be shocked if things take you by surprise!