Haylee Linton

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoseStarr

A Bit Of A Strange One.....

Guest RoseStarr

Hi everyone, hope your all well.

I have always known since I was about 10 that I was pagan or somewhere within the pagan grounds, but due to one thing or another I was never able to study or even admit to anyone even myself that paganism was a part of my life even though at the time I didn't know how or why. Thankfully I have now accepted my faith and have started to talk to family about it.

I would really like someone to point me in the right direction or the right book to help me at least learn some of the main things to do with being a pagan. I want to know as much as possible to help me and now my 10yr old daughter as she came to me asking questions about paganism.

Anything you can help me with will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help

RoadSter xx

Ad from Google

Yarrow

Check out Graham Harvey's 'Listening People Speaking Earth' and Barbara Jane Davy's 'Introduction to Pagan to Studies'.

Pomona

Hi RoseStarr :)

Best advice I can give you is to have a good read through our Starters Orders Forum. You'll soon see that you're not the only person starting out who is wondering where to start and what to do. We have a pinned topic there at the beginning of the forum which has links to many useful threads. :)

You could also think about reading up on the history and folklore of your area, of the country etc. Start reading up on your mythology. If it's books you want recommendations on - have a look in our Bookworms Forum for recommendations. I recommend Pete Jennings "Pagan Paths", Vivienne Crowley "Introduction to Paganism" and if you're feeling particularly scholarly, Ronald Hutton's "Triumph of the Moon". And get out into nature and pay attention. Start noticing the shape of the moon as it changes through the month, the buds appearing on some trees, the signs of animals or birds. Feed the birds in your garden if you have one, read about the stories and legends attached to them.

All of this will help you start sifting out things in your mind until you have a clearer idea of more specific things you want to discuss: at this stage there is so much that all you can really do is absorb and see what stands out as being particularly interesting.

Edited by Pomona
Edited to get the name right! Bad Pomona!

Guest RoseStarr

Hi, thanx for your help and I will definitely check those books out. When it comes to nature and the moon etc, I will start listening and keep a diary of the moons shapes etc. Once again thanx for your help. Xx

Maeve

You couldn't get better advice than Pomona has posted!

Freydis

You can't do better than follow Pomona's advice. And remember - it's what works for you that counts!