Haylee Linton

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Possible Paths To Look Into

Guest Wiganer

I'm a bit lost there seem to be so many paths to take so I thought I would try a different track. I seem drawn to the following based on feelings and intuition;

• The night sky (I'd say more the stars than the moon)
  • I prefer Winter, then I'd say Spring and Autumn are equal then summer last of all.
  • Moving water, I've always been fascinated by moving water - rivers, the tides and the sea in general
  • Old trees, I love old trees and dark forests

Does this sound like it is relevant to any paths other people have taken?

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

It sounds like the “Wiganer” path to me ;)

None of the elements are peculiarly applicable to any particular path. If you’d mentioned some gods, then I’d be able to say, ah, that’s from the X pantheon and therefore you could consider looking there, similarly if you’d mentioned a specific area or landmark etc, but the things you’ve described are not part of any path as such. They’re things you like, but they don’t register as being particularly Greek, Celtic, Druidic, Fae or whatever. I like these things too, so do many others – they’re not path specific IMO.

I think you should not worry about having a set path to follow :) I spent many years trying to find a path to fit into and am much happier within myself since I accepted I am already on a path it is simply my own.

Okay, so first off, have you had a read through the Starters Orders section? Because what you describe is very much the position many people new to their path find themselves in.

Have you read about the myths of the constellations? What folklore is there in your local area? Any particular body of water that draws you? How did it get its name? What was the relationship between those who lived there before to that body of water? Who were the people in your area? Vikings? Romans? Do the trees speak to you? What is the local wildlife? Is there a particular spot that you feel very at home in?

Once you start really looking, really listening, the shape of where you'd like to look next becomes more apparent and you find yourself treading a more meaningful path :)

• Like 1

Go get lost in a wiki loop. Seriously. Start by looking at something that vaguely appeals to you, and go from there and click on links like there's no tomorrow. Take an idea and see what it means to you, then see if it fits.

Oh I suck at explaining.

I think you explain it very well :) It's the rabbit hole thing isn't it? One thing leads to another leads to another leads to.... Ad infinitum :D

I found that I kept being drawn back to the same articles, concepts and gods etc. No matter where I started off or what I was researching, I ended back at the same thing. There is no mad rush to find a path, in fact the off the beaten track wanderings can be the most fun.

Thing is Wiganer life just doesn't seem long enough sometimes. I sometimes think I will only be here long enough to look around and say "wow" before returning to the elements. Sometimes a thing is as it is, and maybe your path won't be one with a name or which trodden by many others. What you have sounds wonderful enough on its own, why not just soak it in and see what happens.

Mike