Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Spirit Guides

Guest mystical_moon

Ok so for the past few nights i've been trying to get though to my spirit guide by asking him/her to come forward and asking him/her a question before i go to sleep. For the past few nights i've had no responce what so ever - not even in my dreams, but last night i had a dream about spiders..and im sorry but i hate them!! Is this a bad sign and to stop trying? :blink:

Any help would be appricated,

Bright blessings,

Mystical_moon x x

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Nah, keep trying. If you continue to get spiders when you try this exercise.... then it might be time to worry! One dream does not an answer make, although it's hard to tell on that info. Stick at it, you'll get there even if you don't like where you end up! The fun of witchcraft eh?

Thanks ESK, i realise ONE dream doesn't make one answer but i could of got something nice for the first like cats or something :blink:

It could be that on some level you produced the spider as a barrier to stop you carrying on - particularly if a part of you is slightly apprehensive. As Esk says continue to work with it & see what happens, but try to make sure you feel relaxed, safe & protected when you are doing it. This might stop the "spider barrier", if that's what it was!

Well i have to be honest i am slightly apprehensive about it, but i'll keep trying maybe as i go along i'll feel more relaxed about it. I gave those spiders a good killing yesterday in my dream so hoping they won't come back hey :blink:

Hmmm should have waited to get home before posting really... can't concentrate at work!

A better version of my comment would have been, can you tell us any detail about the dream because that could give a clue as to whether it was relevant or not. As Teris says, they could be related and a barrier or they could just be a manifestation of your anxieties.

Well its funny, ever since i've been trying to contact my spirt guide i wake and can't remember anything. I recently purchased a dream book and this morning i remembered i dreamt about spiders so heres what i can remember:

I was cleaning up with my boyfriend when i found a cobweb in the corner and a big ball of whiteness in it. So i told my bf it was spider eggs and could he get rid of them. And as he moved the cobweb away spiders started running out, first they were baby ones then a few big ones and i just remember killing as many as i could.

And thats it, thats all i can remember. IS that any help?? :blink:

Perhaps it is saying deal with your fears, then your guide can come through? Maybe it suggests that subconsiously you are afraid of actually contacting your spirit guide. Or perhaps it is a god or goddess and not a spirit guide who is trying to get your attention? Many people don't have spirit guides after all and the god/dess could be connected to spiders? :)

Words out of my mouth there ... I would just add that twice I have found spirit guides and neither time was I looking for them, they just happened when I was meditating.

Maybe it is like another thread we have here - stop trying so hard and maybe it will happen.

Another question. Why do you want a spirit guide? What do you feel it will bring you and could you find your answers somewhere else or in another way ... maybe you are being re-directed.

Have to admit if I were looking for a spirt guide and got dreams of slugs I'd feel exactly the same.

Spiders have a lot of mythology surrounding them, as does the spinning of webs (of fate or wyrd). For a start here’s the Norns, Arachne, there’s the (African?) myth of Spider releasing stories over the word and the one about a spider Grandmother teaching people how to weave.

I’d see spiders as a powerful thing to find. Maybe they’re a challenge?

Edited by Synhild

Rightyho...

From what you've said I wouldn't imagine the spiders have much to do with the guide. They're not doing much in the dream to do with contacting you or anything. You're scared of them but you squash them, fear and the overcoming of fear. Might be to do with worrying over the guide or it maybe entirely unrelated to this quest and be about some other aspect of your life, I dunno.

One thing I would mention though is that you say you are trying to contact your guide... I'd like to clarify, have you already made contact with your guide but it's gone quiet or are you seeking yours for the first time? If you haven't contacted a guide before and are looking for one, in my experience it doesn't happen that way. They come to you when they find you ready, you can't decide you want one and expect one to show up. Sorry if I'm preaching to the pastor here.

Yes it is my first time in contacting one - If i've had one before i've never known about it..Thank you for all your comments, i'll stop trying so hard and wait and see if one comes to me.

And i was just wondering, how could spiders be connected to the god/goddess??

Well maybe that was the message from your dream - go do some research and find out. Maybe your fear of spiders comes from something else .....

But do your own tracking ...... go on ...... off you go to Google ...... no, I won't tell you.......

You can tell I'm back teaching again, can't you? :o_biggrin: :)

I don't understand why everyone is assuming that you are not managing to contact a spirit guide. It seems to me that you have asked to contact your guide, and it gave you a dream about spiders. Simple as that. As you ask for contact with your guide before going to sleep I suppose you are expecting contact via dreams. Why then does this dream not count. Perhaps you are thinking that any contact with a guide will show only nice things. A guide is a guide. It will show many things to you. Don't reject something just because it is not to your liking! You might make contact some time in the future only to be asked why you ignored the spider dream he/she sent you.

Personally I would work with this dream, explore what it means to you, how it makes you feel, how you reacted to it and above all how it might relate to your life.

mike

Okay... *tries to formulate this right*

From what little I do know about spirit guides, from what I have learnt and from what I just seem to know (and generally have the info affirmed) every animal can be a guide. Including spiders.

Firstly trust your instincts. You guide and your instincts are closely related. So think about how you felt with the spiders in the dream and your response. Now it can be simply an overcoming of fear or it can be a little more. If you actually look at what a spider represents that may help you a little too.

Master weaver

Weaver of the web of fate

Wisdom

Creativity

Divine inspiration

Shapeshifting

Understanding the patterns of illusion

Female energy for the creative force of life

Do you have any problems with any of these? I used to have a huge problem with spiders and then I choose to look at my fears from a different light. What aspect of the spider scared me. After I started dealing with that, I'm not so afraid of them any more. Doesn't mean I like them in my house but the huge involuntary freak out fear isn't there anymore.

I would get a sense of a message to you being simply allow fate to take it's course because when you try and 'sweep' it away things are just going to come out in force. You have to let things happen naturally. This doesn't mean stop looking for your guide but I guess stop forcing it. If I can find it later I will send you the ritual I used to find my guide :)

Yes i definitly expected something nice - certainly not spiders!!

Oh well i just looked up dreaming about spiders and it means good luck if i killed one - so i did the right thing there then - gonna have a better look into it. Would you all like to know what i found or shall i just keep it for my dream book??

Thank you all for your thoughts on this - it really has helped me.

Bright blessings,

Helen

I agree with the rest, and would like to add that you are now opening up to your guides. (I believe there are more tham one)

I´m not sure they will appear in a night-time dream. I have found that laying down during the day, meditate, relax and go with whatever shows up before the inner eye works fine. For me anyhow. Í´m more receptive then, not fast asleep, but not conscious either. Swedish philosopher and theologian Swedenborg (1688-1772) called that stage the hypnogan state and ment that is was a place inbetween worlds.

Interesting and not too far off, I think.

Good luck anyway!

Deerheart

I think Mike may be right. The message may be there, but not in the form you were expecting it. To me I think the dream is letting you know that you are attempting to uncover something or find something out. There also appears to be some confusion about this. It could also be that something is simply 'bugging' you/

This could be something in real life or the fact that you are looking for a spirit guide. You were immediatly repulsed and frightened and saw that there were more of them in the form of eggs and you had your bf wipe them out. The fact that you at first thought is was a white light is interesting.

Often, when we attempt to discover who our Goddess/God or spirit guide is, they kind of test us first to see if you can handle them or reject them. I suspect the your guide may attempt to contact you again but perhaps in a different form...or not. The guide could be telling you that you have nothing to fear from spiders.

Edited by gypsimoon

Well. Spiders. My feelings on spiders are fairly strong, because they are actually my Spirit Animal, or whatever one wants to call it. I didn't look for one, I just eventually realized due to the strength of my odd connection with them that they are. And I used to be a horrible arachnophobe. I'd shriek at the sight of them and run. At this point, though, I acknowledge and better understand the mutually protective relationship that we have.

For me spiders are an extremely appropriate Spirit Animal, and a pleasant one at that. Both the interweaving-threads-of-knowledge interpretation and the creativity interpretation of the web apply to me. In addition, spiders, though small, are very powerful in the reactions they can produce. They're industrious, useful, and, often, beautiful, though generally overlooked and reviled. They create a home where they find it, but most of them are definite homebodies once the web is set up. (I'm more of a web spider than a hunting spider, but they're all My People, if you will.) The web can also be seen as very shielded, personal, and comfortable surroundings. Oh, I could go on all night with the positive metaphorical associations one can draw regarding spiders and webs. There are many, once you stop thinking of them as icky and creepy and start just seeing them as people.

As I said, I used to be a horrible arachnophobe, so I was not initially pleased to realize that I was a Spider. But after some years and much thought, I'm really quite proud of it. In discussions with close friends, they all have something typical like Hawk or Wolf or some such large predator. And I get to smile slyly and tell them I'm a Spider, knowing perfectly well that I would never have come up with such a thing if it wasn't true; knowing that there are thousands of people who claim Eagles or Panthers, but we Spiders are not so common; knowing that spiders are so much more useful than most people know, and have the power that comes with being underestimated, if not the power of inflated expectations that so many of the more popular totems share. Knowing, mostly, that they and I are connected on some strange, deep level that is very satisfying and Right. So it's quite possible, should you turn out to actually be meeting a Spirit Animal, to develop a very good relationship with the Spider as such, even if you start out on the wrong foot. I mean, wisdom, knowledge, creativity, and stories? What more could one WANT? I think most people tend to see the darker side of the spider at first glance, and fail to consider that they have their brighter points as well, they're just subtle, not obvious until one actually thinks about it. (I am full of Spider patriotism.) But it's quite true that these things tend to seek one out without conscious intervention on the part of the seeker, at least in my experience and the experience of those I've spoken to about it. So you might end up with something warm and fuzzy after all.

Me, I'll keep the spiders. I can't imagine anything more appropriate for me anyway. (Not that I have a choice.)

Does that read like an advertisement? Um. Sorry.

Have to admit if I were looking for a spirt guide and got dreams of slugs I'd feel exactly the same.

Hey lets not discriminate against the poor old slugs, they get enough bad press as it is.

I find their nearly allways there when i call them (the spirit guides or whatever they are, not the slugs), although sometimes they are in the distance as if stood back from me.

Well OK Mysticcat, I will keep away from them as long as they agree to stay away from me. I have never recovered from opening a cutlery drawer without looking and stuffing my hand in the wooden spoon section, only to find myself clutching a massive orange slug.

Cutlery drawer in one direction, Ma very rapidly in the other and decibell level beyond that permitted in offices to express my disgust.