Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

[Wiccan Web] How to be a Better Observer of Nature

UK Pagan

UK Pagan

By Heather

Nature is all around us, whether we live in the city or in the country, but not all of us are aware of what is actually out there. Becoming better observers allows us not only to become more aware of what is in our local environments, but also to develop deeper relationships with . . . → Read More: How to be a Better Observer of Nature

View the full article

Pomona

Good article this. I'm always proffering advice that anyone starting out on their path should get out and experience nature and pay attention, and this has some very good and sensible advice.

Good parameters for anyone wondering how to start ..... always good to have guidelines !

I can only imagine that mostly everyone on this site does this or has done this at some point in their lives - with exception of writing things down.

At work when attending site meetings out in the "field", and we are waiting for late attendees to arrive, I prefer to explore the local nature around a small area, and hope to see something I have not seen before/for a long time, instead of small talk with the others while we wait.

Same goes for travelling in buses or the train (taxi is no use as the only time I am in a taxi is when I am well lubricated with malt getting home from my mates house!), I'm never bored as there is so much to see - even if it's the same route as before, I'll never get tired of nature. :o_smile:

Edited by Atlas

I can only imagine that mostly everyone on this site does this or has done this at some point in their lives

You may be right, Atlas, about the majority of longer-term members in The Valley but you cannot have failed to notice that there are new people joining who are also new to all things pagan and this article is ideal for someone who doesn't yet have these skills and may be to shy to ask :)