Haylee Linton

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Nature Vs The Gods

Guest Taliesin

I was on the allotment today, trying to re-erect my new poly-tunnel. I only put it up Saturday, when I got to my plot this morning I found it two plots along. Working against the heavy cold wind, using all my strength I got it back to normal. At the back of my mind I was in two thoughts. Am I being punished for something I don't Know about? Is the wind just an act of nature that happens and nothing can change it, or am I thinking too much into it.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

I would say that you didn't secure it enough to withstand the wind. If you are being told anything you are being told by Mother Nature to do a better job at securing it or come the next storm your poly-tunnel will end up in the Channel and on its way to France. :) I personally think you are likely to be reading too much into it. If a God wanted to teach you a lesson surely they wouldn't be so cryptic. But I don't really understand Gods and so tend to seek the mundane for an answer. Maybe an offering of your first basket of tomatoes would be a good idea.

Mike

:lol: Think mundane first; do mundane first: was it an usually strong wind or was it foreseeable?

Had you been sufficiently rigorous in making your polytunnel secure against the local weather conditions? ;)

If the answer to these are yes and no (or even no and no), then I'd suggest it might be a sylph having fun at your expense. Most gods I know prefer to step in to tell us NOT to put on the raincoat, if they have a good reason for us wanting to get wet; the idea of needing to tell people to wear a raincoat in the rain would incur hilarious laughter.(IME) :P

• Like 1

I have an allotment and it's on a very exposed site. The sheds on the plots get blown away on an annual basis and the ones that stayed put lean at the same angle the trees do. It's not the gods, it's just the weather. It if makes you feel better try make an offering to the wind gods, but to be honest it would have as much effect as peeing in said gale... Mundane first. Always.

• Like 1

I think your all totally right and I'm reading too much into it. I'm probably trying to put the blame elsewhere for my own stupidity. Yes. I am laughing at myself as much as you all probably are. Maybe I was being taught a lesson about being responsable for my own actions.

No, not laughing at all, I feel your frustration. Just remember: it's Spring. In Britain. Which is an island. We forget - and I do it myself - that we have a North Atlantic maritime climate and we get some pretty wild weather - I rail against the wind often but it's not personal, it just is :)

Given the current prevailing weather conditions I'd be amazed if any god were involved. There's a cold north wind blowing right now......secure your polytunnel and when you think you've done it right go back and do some more! If it's any comfort I know exactly how you feel! But yeah, mundane first always. :)

• Like 1

I think if this cold snap taught us anything that we shouldn't take the weather the granted. Just because we bask in warmth one year means nothing when it comes to the next.

If you put something in the way of Mother Nature, make sure it's very secure, expect it to be tested fully & if not nailed to the ground expect it to be moved if it's deemed to be in the way of whatever she throws at you.