Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

[Wiccan Web] An Uncomfortable Truth

UK Pagan

By Sannion

There has been a lot of conversation lately about people who desperately want to be god-bothered but aren't. A lot of excellent points have been raised. Modern Western people - and Americans especially - seem to feel that we are entitled to whatever we want and that things should be egalitarian. If . . . → Read More: An Uncomfortable Truth

View the full article

Moonhunter

I couldn't resist releasing this one onto the site. It had me spluttering wine onto the keyboard. :lol:

Pomona

:lol:

It does make some fair points though...

Freebird

I can kind of agree with him.

How many people have you come across who've been pagan for a week and think they deserve to be a daughter of Isis, priestess of Hekate or whatever? All because they've read a book and it tells them that all they have to do is cast a circle, close their eyes and the god/dess of their choice will appear before them ready to do their bidding.

You are owed nothing in life but death

Can't argue with that! :D

• Like 3
Pomona

Absolutely!

I remember a few years ago here having a conversation with someone who argued that because the gods hadn't spoken to them, the gods therefore could not exist. She was very angry when I suggested that maybe the gods just didn't want to talk to her...

The point is, as Free says, it's not a given, and it's not a blessing either!

• Like 1

Same can be said for magic. How many times have people gotten their knickers in a twist when I've said not everyone can do it? Baffles me as to why they think just because they want to, they should be able to. (Talk to gods or practice magic.)

• Like 1