Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
Guest StormDragon

Reiki

Guest StormDragon

I've been given an offer (several times) of a reiki session with a view to learning how to practice on my own and eventually becoming a master if I show an aptitude at it. Can anyone tell me what I can expect from it? I'm a little worried that I'll have reiki and I won't see or feel any of the wonderful things that I'm told can happen....

Ad from Google

Shakalah

If you like I can supply you with some Reiki files that will explain the ins and outs of Reiki to you, just pm me if your interested.

Guest StormDragon

I've PMd you, Thankyou :D

I'd still love to hear about peoples experiences as well....

BOTW

I would sum my experience up as 'mixed but overall positive'.

I've received Reiki from 3 people. 2 of them didn't do much other than a relaxing time laying down which I could have got in a field or at home (1 of these poepl was just learnoing, the other was a 'master').

The other was someone who combined it with other skills. In those sessions I saw stuff while having reiki and often felt spaced out afterwards and needed to collect myself before driving home. In hindsight I now understand that was a reopening of a connection with the non-physical realms.

It does depend a lot on who you are working with.

Guest Animystic

I'm a little worried that I'll have reiki and I won't see or feel any of the wonderful things that I'm told can happen....

If spending half an hour receiving reiki and not experiencing anything is all you are worried about... what on earth are you actually asking?

Go in cold... if you don't experience anything you can draw you own conclusions. Or let other folk fill your head with all sorts of suggestions and never know if it was your own suggestibility that lead to your experience. The choice is yours.

Guest StormDragon

I'm a little worried that I'll have reiki and I won't see or feel any of the wonderful things that I'm told can happen....

If spending half an hour receiving reiki and not experiencing anything is all you are worried about... what on earth are you actually asking?

I was under the impression that I could be worried about whatever I liked.... My reasons are my own and I don't think it's nice to criticise a persons own feelings.

My apologies if I've read the intent of your post wring but I was looking for constructive opinions and experiences when I posted this, not for someone to come and tell me I'm wrong in my feelings.....

I do however agree with the latter part of your post. I can see why going in without any expectations has its advantages.

Guest Animystic

I was under the impression that I could be worried about whatever I liked.... My reasons are my own and I don't think it's nice to criticise a persons own feelings.

My apologies if I've read the intent of your post wring but I was looking for constructive opinions and experiences when I posted this, not for someone to come and tell me I'm wrong in my feelings.....

I do however agree with the latter part of your post. I can see why going in without any expectations has its advantages.

No criticism intended... I am genuinely asking what are you asking for as I don't find your original question clear. I'm not sure how (since you have already been told about some wonderful things people have experienced with Reiki) further opinions and descriptions will help you in any way... they are likely to only muddy the water if you are actually concerned about what you might experience in reference to what you have been told.

Guest StormDragon

I suppose I was just looking for other peoples experiences, not so that I go into it expecting these things to happen but more purely out of curiosity of what people have come away seeing and feeling. The person who's offering me reiki seems to have had such an impact made on her by it that I'm worried that I'll come away with it seeing nothing and have to tell her that :S

I'm sorry if that makes just as little sense, I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words sometimes....

Guest Animystic

I suppose I was just looking for other peoples experiences, not so that I go into it expecting these things to happen but more purely out of curiosity of what people have come away seeing and feeling. The person who's offering me reiki seems to have had such an impact made on her by it that I'm worried that I'll come away with it seeing nothing and have to tell her that :S

I'm sorry if that makes just as little sense, I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words sometimes....

Cool... I am the arch sceptic who tries to keep an open mind so take my experience with a pinch of salt. I am not well disposed to the whole Reiki scene, seeing it as a cash cow for any one who calls themselves spiritual, and having had some distressing experiences with a so called Reiki master who started claiming, unsolicited, to be in contact with my wife's two miscarried children. As a sceptic with experience of the marketing mentality I see the various Angel Reiki, Celtic Reiki etc as attempts to brand and remodel so that people can make money out of it. I mention my cynicism in order to put my contribution in context.

I found my experience of Reiki, not earth shattering, but very gentle and trance inducing. A feeling of being unconditionally accepted that at the time was itself quite healing in the broadest sense of addressing the needs of the whole person rather than fixing an ill that needed a remedy. The main reason that I don't go for it more regularly is down to my adverse reaction to the people who tend to be the ones offering it, nothing to do with the experience itself, which I found wholly positive.

Freebird

I started with Reiki 4 years ago and have just reached Master level. People's experiences vary, some get physical sensations, some emotional, and some don't feel anything. Don't worry if you don't feel anything, it happens.

Things to remember....

Reiki isn't an alternative therapy, it's complimentary.

Reiki is a Japanese therapy. Anybody who offers you Celtic/Dragon/Fairy/<insert other buzzword> Reiki is probably after your money.

PM on the way

• Like 2

shinicat

I can't believe someone would claim that Animystic... Well I can and its absolutely disgusting.

I've had reiki, qnd when I visit someone new I deliberately do not tell them of any problems I'm having. I also have a lengthy chatty conversation with the person first which is plenty to set off what I call my "hippie bullshit detector", and to see if I actually like the person.

• Like 2

shinicat

To finish off the post above that my phone decided to be a douche on...

There's one woman round here who I have had reiki from, and i just told her i had general aches and pains and needed a rebalance. She told me afterwards she'd felt a lot of warmth in one of my knees (I've had trouble with both knees since I was 11 and one was flaring up), and a few other things. Mostly though it's worth the money for the almost trance like relaxation.

• Like 1

Guest Ozzi

I had a session of Reiki a couple of days ago. I was very open minded about it and did not know what to expect if anything. My wife also had it and was not so open minded and wasn't really expecting anything from the treatment.

I have to say that it definately did something, I was very chilled out afterwards and felt like I had never felt before, this lasted for a few hours after the treatment. Two days later and I feel less anxious and stressed that I have done for the past few years. During the session I only really felt something when she touched my face, there seemd to be a sudden gush of heat go up through my nose and into my head, i then began to see blue flashing lights. This is the first time I've tried anything like this and did not expect anything.

My wife said that during her session apart from feeling extremely relaxed she did not feel muchbut did say that in certain areas she could feel the warmth from the woman who was conducting the treatment. I took my wife because she had a operation recently and felt it was something different and if anything it would be relaxing. Two days later and the pain my wife had around where her operation was as gone. I don't know if this was just a coincidence or was from the Reiki, guess we will never know.

sleepyowl

I did a reiki share once & when it was my turn to be reikied I started to twitch uncontrollably & it freaked us all out

Ember Autumn Rose

My mum's friend is a Reiki practitioner, and I have received a couple of treatments from her. When she began, it felt to me like trying to hold magnets near one another without them touching, more relaxing than it sounds xD

Although I've never done any attunements or the such, I did try healing on my mum. To me, it felt like waves lapping against my hands, to her, she felt like something was pulling her leg :lol: and not in the jokey way :) I wouldn't worry too much if you're not feeling anything, just focus on the other person and it'll flow :)

Guest rachelp72

Reiki affects people differently. I learnt it and give it to myself regularly. For me it helped my mind improve from depression. It also helped my pain. Reiki is relaxing, but no one should give it a special name so they can charge huge amounts for it. I am one of those people that feel it should be given to those who need it and not only just for those who can afford it.:-)

Edited by rachelp72
  • Like 1

Earthdragon

I started with Reiki 4 years ago and have just reached Master level. People's experiences vary, some get physical sensations, some emotional, and some don't feel anything. Don't worry if you don't feel anything, it happens.

Things to remember....

Reiki isn't an alternative therapy, it's complimentary.

Reiki is a Japanese therapy. Anybody who offers you Celtic/Dragon/Fairy/<insert other buzzword> Reiki is probably after your money.

PM on the way

The Reiki treatment I had a few years back came through a few hours later than when it was sent. I lay on the sofa with a "peaceful, easy feeling"...

I agree about staying away from ppl who use the name for money-making. We have similar energetic methods in the traditional Druidic system bit would never use another "tag" to market it so to speak. Also healing work is never paid for.

We have the saying "You cannot heal anybody but you can help them heal themselves..."

Earthdragon

Guest Willowstars

I have been having reiki regularly for the past 2 years and have found that over time the benefits increase as you get to know your practitioner and are more relaxed at the start of the session. At the start of each session it takes time for me to relax and allow the practitioner to enter my energy. I feel this would be very difficult if you didn't know the person well.

Personally I have had great results both from a physical and emotional perspective.

Guest Zararose

I have been considering Reiki for some time now and reading these posts has helped make up my mind that I will try it with an open mind and see what happens. WIll have to research practitioners well though I hate the thought of people being scam artists.

PaganPearl

Mmm well I'm new to the forum so Hi everyone BB ☺ interesting stuff! I've just completed level one Reiki and I can only say I've had a really positive experience with my teacher. She has taught me in a professional manner and, along with a friend who manages my local job centre, we organised a morning of Reiki for the staff, it was held on a Wednesday when, once a month they have a charity day so rather than paying me a fee (which I can't accept whilst doing level one) they donated to McMillan Nurses and I got lots of practice and some great feedback!

Earthdragon

Someone I know here in the Hebrides has found a Reiki teacher on the island so it has found its way from Japan to the fringe of Europe. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this