Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Springtime Celebrations?

Guest Kitten

Coming from a Roman Catholic background, I've always felt that springtime and easter are of some importance.

I'm curious why this time of year is important to other members and what you do, if anything, to celebrate or mark it.

:)

Springtime is a very important part of my path. It's when the sowing season really begins, and for me is when the year begins. Between the Pomonalia (Nov 1st) and the Ides of March, time is in a bit of a vacuum - it's a gap, an inhaled breath. But March and the beginning of Spring - it's the great exhale, the beginning. I feel energised, inspired. Can't wait.

• Like 1

I like to start waking up the garden, tidying up, seeing the things that are already popping up their heads, planning the next project. I also like starting to getting out as much as possible, walking, cycling.

Whilst I know many use the depths of winter to start planning the next projects, I use this time. I like the energy the new seasons bring.

I can't wait for all the rain to stop and finally be allowed back on the beaches!

• Like 1

I'm not ready for Spring just yet .... I have this awful feeling that we are not done with Winter and that everything that is beginning to grow will be surprised and stopped by some cruel weather to come ... and I'm not a pessimist :) We have catkins and snowdrops and aconites aplenty ... even some primroses in sheltered spots but I fear they have been duped! We shall see

I absolutely love spring, for me at the moment it feels like a thursday night when you know the weekend is coming! I am a Beltane child and literally come to life in May. Ostara is nearly a full month earlier than Easter this year, we get it earlier yippee! The garden sorting will have to wait for now though as Naomi says I think we may be in for a last winter blast in March