Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Energy

Wanderinghawk

• 3 weeks later...
Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

A bit late here maybe but as a healer I work with energy all the time. I began working with Reiki and so grounding my energy by connecting with the earth is important as is protecting my own energy field. Even though Reiki is only a small part of what I do now I would always do this still.

Before carrying out a shamanic healing I would take time to build my own energy to make myself power full as in full of energy. I don't have a fixed way of doing this it depends in how I'm feeling and what I need to do but it might include drumming, smudging to clear my energy, calling in the directions or the energies that are there for example. As part of this I would breathe energy in to the whole of my energy field and this would include connecting to Sky as well as a Earth.

I would also work with the energy of the elements, animals, plants, stones, crystals etc.

I never meditate though.

hi Fire Oak,

I meant to post on this a while back and you have jogged my memory. I can relate to all that you have said. My practise is similar.

I wonder do you distinguish between building up your energy or simply channelling energy from outside? Any differences between these two?

I have never done Reiki but my teacher has. He keeps it separate from the Druidic knowledge he is passing on though..

Earthdragon

Wow I had to stop and think about this Earthdragon.

Yes I think they are different. When I build up by energy I hold the energy within and around me, when I channel energy it passes through me I am just the conduit.

Does that make any sense?

I'm a Bard with OBOD and to be honest their light body exercises are similar to the way I build my own energy anyway so there is nothing to keep separate here. I don't run energy with OBOD work which is where the separation comes in I think.

I have channelled once, and I kept no reserve, so all the energy not only passed through me, but sucked out my own. I was left unable to move. I had to connect with the object into which the energy was channeled to recover enough to move. Then i had to ground. even then, it took some hours to recover. :(

Yes I think they are different. When I build up by energy I hold the energy within and around me, when I channel energy it passes through me I am just the conduit.

Does that make any sense?

I'm a Bard with OBOD and to be honest their light body exercises are similar to the way I build my own energy anyway so there is nothing to keep separate here. I don't run energy with OBOD work which is where the separation comes in I think.

Yes it does make sense.

I bring up earth energy in a particular way each morning as part of energy programming work. What I've found is that making clear statements about my intentions for the energy work changes the feeling and the outcome is more appropriate. When directing or channeling energy I put a protection in place which also stabilises my own energy.

As regards the energy programming its a big change from the Taoist work I used to do - that is I make no efforts to gather and then store energy in the sense of accumulating it. I think the energy spreads out in its own way and actually goes into the statement of intent to a large degree. Quite a massive difference in effect considering such a simple change in the method.

I'm not aware of OBOD or similar teachings but it would be interesting to compare methods. I heard from Snufkin that the teachings are kept from outsiders tho.

I've just touched on things really but its good to finally get something down on this thread.

Earthdragon

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to this I want to link the purpose of traditional Druidism to energy-work.

The enjoyment of life sits alongside and is also interwoven with being on my path and for me Druidism has been enpowering in that it has helped me relate in a deeper and less encumbered way with nature and the people in my life. That's down to the psychological aspects of Druidism which are at its core really...

Feeling my own energy and other's energy is part of this process of relating....

The ogham is also a tool we use in this area. Sometimes when things don't feel harmonious we learn to adopt a particular ogham energy in a particular situation in order that an appropriate harmony be created. Thats the objective. The degree of our success depends on our familiarity with the energies and how we manifest them...also the freer we are ourselves of inappropriate patterns of energy/reactions, the less we get in the way of that harmony...

Earthdragon

Hi all,

Sorry, life went a bit 'gaaahhh' and I hid in a hole, back now though!

Earthdragon, would you say that what you are sensing as energy could also relate to how a place feels? The sensations people feel when they move into a room and you can tell there has been an argument, would you say that is related?

Before I hid in my hole I did a bit of energy work, grounding and ensuring I felt protected etc, I must admit I believe I felt something, whether that was energy I'm not sure, there as something though.

Would you say you work with energy on a daily basis?

thanks

Wanderinghawk

Hi Hawk,

Well who would admit to never having and using a bolt hole :-) My nearest version is to hide inside myself and that sometimes includes taking time out from my path and "spiritual stuff"... my old martial arts sifu used to say "its important to be able to switch on amd also to switch off" . As with most of his sayings it can apply in different ways and different situations...

Yes the feeling or atmosphere in a room is energy. There is energy in emotion. There are more subtle forms of energy. Whether we will ever be able to measure this with machines, who knows? But do we really need to? There have been experiments claiming success at measuring the aura but these are bound to be criticised and pulled apart by some...

Yes I work with energy on a daily basis. Maybe once, twice or three times. Sometimes many times..its a case of not forcing it , I think...

Mainly I work through visualisation. This type of work sometimes becomes meditation in that I can go very still calm and centred during and afterwards.

The energy that some through these visualisations can transform how I feel and allows my intention to be empowered. This directly affects other people and that is where harmony and appropriate action is important...

Its early days in my learning this system but we go at our own pace - there's no rush...:)

Best

ED

Edited by Earthdragon