Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Finding Your Path

Guest Kat Conlon

Hi iv been interested in paganism for a long time but I still don't know what path I'm on, what path are you on and how did u find out that was the right path for you?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

I've been a Pagan for almost 20 yrs and still have no name for my path the closest I can get is Pagan with Pantheist and Animist leanings lol.

I have no wish to follow a set or named path though, I love being able to make it up as I go along, the only constant for me is nature.

We are all on our paths already and if they are supposed to lead somewhere then they will, eventually. I think those meant to follow a named path like Heathenism, Pantheism or witchcraft are naturally and inevitably drawn to aspects of those so it will become clear to the person in time just by them learning about the things that they are drawn to and interest them. Becca :o_rainbow:

I'm going to move this into "Starter's orders" because so many of the threads there are on this very subject. You might find it helpful to read a few of them, Kat :)

Thanks, I guess I'll list what interests me and see if any1 thinks it sounds like particular path or if I'm just following my own. I feel very connected to nature, and I guess u could say I can feel when the seasons change, I love animals although iv recently become allergic to most lol. I love the moon and the phases it goes threw and I love the night although I'm scared of the dark a little, well not the dark it's what's in the dark that I fear. I feel I can sense spirits when they are near. I'm interested in herbalism and fortune telling. And I'm drawn to Celtic and Greek deities. X

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

yup annoying innit....cats will put me in hospital, dogs make me itchy aqnd asthmatic...Horses don't go there...stroked one a few months ago, forgot and rubbed an itchy eye and it came up like someone had hit me - over a week the eye was nearly closed

drives me up the absolute wall... as animals - especially dogs of which I have a great fondness - like me

People often spend so much time looking around for a path which suits them they forget to look down! I understand the sense of comfort and security which comes from having a defined path.... a bit like holding onto the sides of the swimming pool. We are always on our path though. Even at times of uncertainty or when things seem vague or insecure we are still on our path. All paths can twist and turn and seem to be swallowed up by brambles.... but the path you are on is inescapable.

Blimey.... if I played with the sentences structure a bit I'd sound like Yoda.

Mike

... what Mike says and ... your path starts when you are born (and if you believe in reincarnation, then at birth in previous lives) it is all that you are and all that you do, all that you learn and so on! You are attracted to this and that as you go along, you add and subtract gain wisdom and make mistakes, take on understanding and beliefs ... then change some of those things ... and so on and so forth! Your "path" or life, is unique and you may at times be able to label where you are at, because it may resemble something with a label .... sometimes we agonise so much about finding and naming our path that we forget we are already walking on it :)

Some really good advice above. Agree wholeheartedly with Mike and Naomi. You're already on a path - enjoy the journey, take in the scenery - just learn and grow - no sat nav required!