Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

Dumb Question Of The Day...

Guest hulahooper

What's next?

At present I observe moon phases and the turning of the wheel in my own little way. I have been reading about spirit guides (a couple of animals keep coming up all.the.time) and I felt a connection to lucina and don't really know what to do with that... :mellow:

I'm itching for more. What can I do next?

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online.

Commune with nature - let your senses open, don't grasp at the energies out there - just let them touch your senses. Create a safe place visualisation ( you could imagine a see through sphere around you - only what you feel comfortable with may come inside) to settle yourself before going out and communing with a place or a tree. Do a safe space visualisation at the place first. Let your sense of self merge with it. See what comes up...

Just a flavour of the first steps on our Druid path .

ED

I'm glad you asked that hula because I keep seeing robin's and I swear it has some kind of sign but haven't a clue what.lol

• Like 1

Read world mythology. Study other pagan religions (try, for example, the pre-Christian pagan religion). try to connect with the way they saw the gods, the hidden folk and life.

And, as ED says - watch what is happening around you. this is a delicious point in the year - the blackthorn has given way to the hawthorn, which is now fading. the trees are in full leaf. Look at leaves and the flight of birds. Try to distinguish between one speies and another.

In my experience, few pagans have connections with a particular animal, and there is little point unless you are a shaman or a Heathen. :) If you are interested in the moon's cyclces, why not study those until you know where the moon is in its cycle just by looking at it? Perhaps pick a lunar calendar and use the names of the months. Find out for yourself the problems with reconciling the lunar calendar with a solar one, and what solutions have been found in the past.

If you have been contacted by a god or goddess, why not ask him or her what they want of you? Ask the question and wait for a reply. Keep it in your mind while out for a walk, to see if a response comes. If there is any reliable information about the goddess or god, study it. find out as much as you can, in order to offer something he or she might like. (Warning - the internet is full of rubbish - anything that gives you "this goddess represents this" or "this god is associated with Aries, fire, and the gemstone carnelian" should be avoided at all costs! :P)

• Like 2

I'm glad you asked that hula because I keep seeing robin's and I swear it has some kind of sign but haven't a clue what.lol

I would interpret that as my energy resonating with the energy of the robin.

Now you can look into other resonances with robins - mythological, folklore etc.

Also you can try to actually enhance that energetic resonance as it happens ...see what happens then when you really try to tune in to the presence of the robin...try to let your own energy mimic the energy of the robins..its a strange concept at first.

I love these seemingly small occurances...and I am learning that everything is significant down to the small details...its just letting it happen and not grasping at things..:)

ED

Edited by Earthdragon
  • Like 1

I am always visited by one at times of importance...... I know ...but dont ask me how, that it is my mums spirit telling me everything will be ok.

• Like 1

Lucina, eh? Interesting. You aren't pregnant, right? ;)

I think getting a "what next" moment is quite common. I agree completely with the others, watch, feel, explore, read and learn. Also evaluate. The things you are doing at the moment - do you feel a connection with them or are you doing them because you feel like you should?

As far as Lucina goes - that's a relatively unusual connection and something I'd explore and consider. As part of Juno she has links to the moon (the first of every month is sacred to Juno precisely because it was originally the birth of the new moon). And of course she is the goddess of childbirth. I'd research as much as I could - as well as others from the Roman pantheon. But then, I would say that! :D And like the others say, try and establish that connection with her and see if there is a reason that she is coming to you now; if there is a specific reason, if she is the Roman welcome wagon, or if there is just a connection because there is a connection. Maybe she recognises you as one of her own :)

Make a list of all the things you're interested in, even if they're really vague. All the things you feel drawn to. Then take the time to explore each one separately. This is the way that worked for me :) and just give each one time to sink in and see how they really sit with you.

If you want to immerse yourself more, try and come up with a little ritual/prayer/whatever you could do every day/week/month/whenever you feel the need. Try and go through your daily routine keeping in mind the "spiritual" side of the things you're doing. Find the joy and the mindfulness in doing the washing up for example! Notice each change in the weather, the flowers around you each day and so on.

And most importantly, enjoy! :)

Hoping to reply to everyone in this post but tapatalk doesn't show me the posts when I type my reply.

I love being outside in nature. I aim to spend time with plants, trees and most importantly to me is to be near the water. I am always so revived after being near moving water/the sea etc. I love to watch the animal life too.

I have dabbled with crystals and I'm unsure what I believe about them but have found that I receive what I need from them when I do use them.

Trying my hand at meditation but get distracted so much. :mellow: mindfulness is something I've used and aim to use.

I'm definitely not pregnant. *phew* but have a lot of interest in parenting, pregnancy, birth etc.

Reading who's stuff is this? Right now. To try and help with empathy stuff I'm dealing with.

The animal guide thing is really interesting to me. Hadn't realised it was specific to a certain path. But again like crystals its given me what I've needed at the time.

Edited by hulahooper

just reread this and have a couple more questions... (sorry)

when I sit in nature, I enjoy the view and sounds. but what am I looking fir? you all agree to getting out there and being out there but id like to know your whys please.

where online can I find reputable places to learn more about lucina? I'm unsure why shed be interested in me. probably because I did have a life long dream to be a midwife but I dunno. I don't seem to get anything when I ask her what she would like to tell me or have me learn or from me.

Never be sorry, questions are good! :)

I'm not really able to answer your first question; except to say that thinking about it, the suggestion we all made of getting out into nature presupposes that you are someone who wants a nature-based path. Just because you're pagan doesn't mean you have to "connect" with the energies of nature around you. Personally my path is not nature based in the traditional way of sitting in nature and feeling the earth's energies or whatever. Like you I can sit and enjoy, but I don't get anything more from it really - nothing supernatural any way!

But anyway, your second question I can help on :) try the Obscure Goddess Dictionary which is a website I find really helpful. It's worth having a look at the rest of their entries too, for interest's sake. Also try the entry for Juno at the Encyclopedia Britannica which has a little bit on her Lucina epithet. And Lucina also has an entry in this ebook. There may not be anything specific that she wants to teach you... and the most likely way to get an answer if there is something she wants to tell you is to make an offering to her and then ask. It may even take several offerings. The Romans don't tend to give something for nothing! But she may effectively recognize you as a kindred spirit and want to become part of your path. She may have a role to play in the future which you are not aware of yet.

If you do want to make an offering to her, I'd recommend milk (and honey if you feel like it). That's a traditional Roman offering. If you have a fire you might want to pour it on that. Alternatively, leave it to evaporate somewhere - not somewhere animals can get at! Milk is bad for lots of animals.

Hope this helps!

Don't just do something, sit there!

Listen,

I have lost count of the times that I've said this:

Stop trying to find something bright and shiny and new before you. Look at your past. Look for patterns in your experience before you even started to think Pagan. Your world is exactly the same world as it was before. Paganism hasn't changed it. It might change the way you look at it. If what you are looking for is actually there then it has been there all the time. If it is talking to you now, it was talking to you before. So go back and listen. I was a very involved Christian and enjoyed my Christian experience. I acknowledge the wisdom and skill of my priest. What he taught me has informed my Paganism. When I walked away he told me "Let go and let God." He was absolutely right. Its not his fault that my God isn't the one that he expected me to return to. I learned so much about ritual, communication, crowd psychology, control and the theatre of the spiritual from Christianity. I just look at it through a Pagan lens now. [Mainly to recognise the tools and as often to avoid them as to use them but never mind that]

How much work have you done since you posted the question up there? ^^^^^^^^

How long have you spent listening - not imagining, not hoping, not worrying, just listening?

How far back have you dug into "Starter's Orders" and looked at the questions that many many others have asked before you and to which many many long gone but wise Pagans have given answers?

The answer is out there. It won't always come to you quickly neither will it always be there just when you want it.

But sometimes - just sometimes, it will.

Relax and listen.

Edited by Moonsmith
  • Like 1

when I sit in nature, I enjoy the view and sounds. but what am I looking fir? you all agree to getting out there and being out there but id like to know your whys please.

I go out :

• because I find it restful. and it is good for the eyes to rest on the distance. I like to see the change in the seasons. I like to listen to the bees and see which plants are in bloom.
  • I like to communicate with landwights (the hidden folk - nature spirits - elves, whatever you want to call them) and with trees and rivers and streams

• Like 1