Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Halo

The 'bos' - Blessing the works

Guest Halo

Does anyone have any recommendations for blook blessings (not sure if this should be magick and ritual) only I've never done one before, and I plan on doing one today with the New moon energy...Any suggestions or websites? :P

Blessed Be xx B)

Ad from Google

Pomona

Er, I thought it was a dark moon today? B)

Anyway, I think if you Google there'll be tons of sites, have a look at Ladyoftheearth.com's resource page which tends to be good. Other than that I'd just have a think about why you want to bless the book, and if you're going down the Wiccan route, ask for the Quarters and whatever deities you worship to bless.

weatherwitch

It depends on which moon tool system your computer has, some don't seem to have the dark moon period listed and the time must have been adjusted accordingly ;)

I'm another that doesn't hold with blessing the BoS (or the DoS - that's what anti-virus software is for :o_cat2: ) however if I thought myself to be wiccan then i would use the full moon for that. The Dark Moon is a great time for work but not for blessing. In this case then you would need to call the quarters, know your deities, know your personal correspondences so they're right for you so you know what will bless and protect your BoS and what ones won't encourage prying eyes to look through it :D

Or the old drop back sometimes helps when yelled outloud, "Oi, Gods! Look after this will you, ta" :D and wave it at the skies and your work is done - and that's not quite as tongue in cheek as some might think either :D :o_lol:

• Like 1

Guest Herneoakshield
Or the old drop back sometimes helps when yelled outloud, "Oi, Gods! Look after this will you, ta" biggrin.gif and wave it at the skies and your work is done - and that's not quite as tongue in cheek as some might think either oh my. :o_cat2:

:D :o_lol: Works for me at times ;)

Cosmic_Fool

When I consecrated my journal I simply held it up in the course of my ritual and told the spirits what it was for and what I intended.

Pity I never used it and instead stick to using a PC, a ring binder and an SD card :o_cat2:

Guest Crow

On a very slight tangent, I think you have a mistake in your subject line, Halo.

I don't think you really meant "cursing" your book of shadows, did you? :o_bolt: :o_hail:

Would you like a friendly neighbourhood mod to edit it for you?

weatherwitch

I never saw that one :o_bolt:

But you might start cursing it if things weren't working out as planned which I assume will also apply to most of the answers on this page to the original question :o_hail:

Guest Crow

I've edited the subject line for you, but I can always change it back if you prefer the original, which has its own charm, I admit! :o_wave:

Guest Halo
On a very slight tangent, I think you have a mistake in your subject line, Halo.

I don't think you really meant "cursing" your book of shadows, did you? :D :o_cat2:

Would you like a friendly neighbourhood mod to edit it for you?

83030[/snapback]

Oh no, I meant it alright, It was just one way of putting it that I found in a book, it quite amused me you see :o_cat2:

Blessed Be xx :lol:

weatherwitch

Ah but cursing and hexing aren't really the way to go for this kind of thing, especially if you are new to this type of thing :rolleyes:

Guest Halo
Ah but cursing and hexing aren't really the way to go for this kind of thing, especially if you are new to this type of thing :blush:

84595[/snapback]

Whoa hang on a Second! :o_drink: I aint gonna Hex no one, I have incredibly high morals, I wouldn't do anything like that. No, It was only a bit of a joke, and I've just realised that I haven't got enough room for everything I want to put in it :o_dance:

Blessed Be xx :o_chocolate:

Guest Crow

Now I'm really confused.

Would you like me to edit it back? I'm more than willing to even if, I confess, I don't get the joke.

Umm.. I think you'll find a lot of people here who don't see hexing as "immoral"... but there are plenty of threads on this subject if you scout around.

Pomona
Whoa hang on a Second! :o_chocolate:  I aint gonna Hex no one, I have incredibly high morals, I wouldn't do anything like that.                   

84607[/snapback]

Er, hang on a sec missus, I have incredibly high morals too, and I have hexed and would do again if I had to. Plenty of people (including some on this site) who have incredibly high morals hex too you know. Hexing isn't something that's "evil" or "black-magic" or anything like that. It's entirely each to their own whether someone does a hex, in the appropriate circumstances, after much thought and consideration of the consequences etc etc, but it's a bit off of you to basically say that someone who hexes has no morals.

Guest Halo
Er, hang on a sec missus, I have incredibly high morals too, and I have hexed and would do again if I had to.  Plenty of people (including some on this site) who have incredibly high morals hex too you know.  Hexing isn't something that's "evil" or "black-magic" or anything like that.  It's entirely each to their own whether someone does a hex, in the appropriate circumstances, after much thought and consideration of the consequences etc etc, but it's a bit off of you to basically say that someone who hexes has no morals.

84618[/snapback]

I'm very sorry if I caused offence, I certainly didn't mean too, granted if you yourself feel you are justified when you perform a Hex I think that is okay, I just meant that as a first timer I certainly wouldn't Hex just because I'm mad with someone, no, I you have a good reason too then Hexing may be an option, again, I apologize profusely Pomona :o_drink:

Blessed Be xx :o_chocolate:

Pomona

Och, that's quite all right. Just was a bit miffed at the implication and my hackles do tend to rise at the propensity of some pagans to adopt this "holier-than-thou" attitude towards hexing and hexers...

Let's call it pax. :o_chocolate: :o_drink:

gypsimoon

Let me give this a try. Do you know the phrase 'what goes around, comes around'? Hexing is just helping that along a bit. :o_drink:

You will learn that using what some call the 'dark' side sometimes is just as important as the other side. It's a matter of balance. Don't hold to the Christian concept that dark implies evil. Just my two pence worth. :o_chocolate:

weatherwitch

It's like some witches just can't heal whatsoever, but are great at hexing, we all have talents in different areas :o_chocolate: There's some good threads about hexing on here somewhere halo, might help you understand that hexing and personal morals are very important - and how they work together :o_drink:

Guest Halo
Och, that's quite all right.  Just was a bit miffed at the implication and my hackles do tend to rise at the propensity of some pagans to adopt this "holier-than-thou" attitude towards hexing and hexers...

Let's call it pax.  :rolleyes:  :)

84622[/snapback]

Yeah, I know what you mean, certainly wasn't my intention. I've certainly had the urge to Hex on occasions... :lol:

Blessed Be xx :lol: