Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
fizzyclare1

Do You Associate A Particular Song Or Style Of Music With A God

fizzyclare1

Just curious really.

I don't think I have yet, not a specific song anyway.

I am aware that this may be a possible route for a stronger connection given that music has such a powerful affect on my conscious mind.

So what are people's thoughts on this?

Ad from Google

Ellinas

Not really much to say except "No".

I suppose if you are used to some sort of ritual use of music there may be a connection. But, from my standpoint, I'm not sure that any deity that readily comes to mind is particularly fond of the bouzouki.

Mind, thinking about it, Pan Pipes are self explanatory, and I suppose Apollo and Hermes are connected to the lyre...

fizzyclare1

Drum music has a powerful effect on me

Phoenix63

I went to drumming classes a few years back and enjoyed it thoroughly. Definitely has some kind of effect on me as well.

Moonsmith

Mind, thinking about it, Pan Pipes are self explanatory, and I suppose Apollo and Hermes are connected to the lyre...

Interesting in that when I tell the story of the musical duel between Pan and Apollo I say that neither of them played those tiny little instruments but that the iconographers were trying to depict the Music of [Earth's] Nature and the Music of the Heavens respectively. I am a thief and a fence of stories. I steal them then break them up and reset their jewels to my own liking before passing them on.

I do play my instruments to my god - the universe - in that I play them at all. As I enjoy my own music on Pipe, Pan-flute and Overtone-pipe the answer to your question Fizz is probably "Yes" rather than the knee jerk "No" that first came to mind! :)

Edited by Moonsmith

Badger Bob

I can't think of Bacchus or Dionysus without an oompah band playing in the background...

And Priapus definitely likes organ music, the bigger the organ the better.

Edited by Badger Bob
  • Like 1