Talbot Michaels

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
Freydis

Thankfully Departed Friends

Freydis

I'm putting this here because I don't want to disrupt the thread that was most recently impacted by the now departed Satanistwithoutwits.

I'm not sure what was going on there. Even with the most charitable interpretation we weren't getting the whole story.

I veer between thinking this was someone with genuine alcohol and mental health issues to wondering if it was a bored ten year old. I strongly suspect that he/she was not a genuine Satanist as most of the information provided was cut and paste from elsewhere, which is rather a shame as I actually hoped to find out a bit more about theistic satanism (you could write my knowledge on a stamp).

It's the second time in fairly quick succession that we've had someone come in, act provocatively, and depart pretty quickly when people won't play. They style was very different this time, so I'm assuming that there was no obvious connection? After all, there's no logic to the bridge a troll picks to hide beneath.

I suppose also at the back of my mind is the worry that this was someone with real problems and that I certainly didn't do much to help. On the other hand, there's not a great deal you can do on a forum when someone is behaving so...randomly.

• Like 7

Ad from Google

Snufkin

Exdaemonus, Satanistwithwit... I wonder what name he'll pick next.

To me he just seemed to be a Walter Mitty kind of guy that had daydreams and wrote down his 'life' here. I thought he was Exdaemonus pretty quickly so popped in the 'book' bit in his intro thread.

Say what you like, he made it 'interesting' around here for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 6

Moonhunter

It's the second time in fairly quick succession that we've had someone come in, act provocatively, and depart pretty quickly when people won't play. They style was very different this time, so I'm assuming that there was no obvious connection?

I don't know. They both used the same ISP, but that ISP provides services to around 15% of the population, as far as I can find any reliable stats. It was not the same IP address.

The mods removed SWW because he said goodbye in his status and cleaned out his profile. He wouldn't be the first to do that to his profile, and the mods take it as a primary signal of disengagement and intent. Having said that, it was a shame, because SWW stimulated discussion.

We cannot prevent trolls from entering, though we do insist on an intro and that a reasonable amount of information goes into the profile. But we know the Valley residents are sane and intelligent and perfectly capable of making up your own minds about a new resident and dealing with him or her accordingly. :P

• Like 5

Finn Mac Morn

At first I held off making comments because I thought that he might be genuine. But it quickly became apparent to me that he was either a troll or a wanna be.

I know it's probably wrong.....and I fully expected to get a telling off from a MOD......but I couldn't help myself.

Did he ever actually answer a single question that was put to him??.....

• Like 3

Fortuna

I wouldn't worry folks. I truly believe everything we said bounced off him. I also think it is better to be straight with a person than collude with delusional behaviour. As Moonhunter said, he would still be here if he hadn't emptied his profile. I doubt we have seen the last of him.

• Like 5

Snufkin

... for me this topic is closed :o_rofl:

• Like 3

Jasmin

Just to add, if I may, that he sent me a personal message asking me what I thought of him and if he was been an ass!

I engaged with him politely but very briefly.

I was on the verge of suggesting to him that Alcohol and social media are never a good idea in combination, but then thought better of it as I am not a moderator.

I am sure you mods, know how to read our private messages and I would beg you to read my brief conversation with him to reassure me that I acted correctly,

Now he is gone I can however answer the question he put to me, and it is a convincing Yes

Best as always, Jasmin x

• Like 1

Reverend Nick

He's not a satanist, he's a very naughty boy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Finn Mac Morn

He's not a satanist, he's a very naughty boy.

Hahahaha..... very good

Fortuna

Jasmine. We would never read personal messages and don't think it is even possible! Knowing how you approach things I'm sure the way you dealt with him was spot on.

Moonhunter

I am sure you mods, know how to read our private messages

I don't think it's possible. And we wouldn't, anyway.

About the only thing I've found that we can see that can't be seen by members is draft blogs, because they have the same pastel purple colour as any posts we hide. :)

Jasmin

Shows how little I know about technology! Glad you trust me folks x

• Like 2

Naga

I wouldn't be suprised if he comes back as a Flat-Earther next time 'round.

I get the feeling that he is fishing here.

• Like 2

Maeve

He also contacted me fairly early on, with a personal message. He also added me as a friend. I took myself off his "friend" list and ignored the message! He did stir things up a bit, though - it was all very quiet in The Valley until he came along!

• Like 2

Ember Autumn Rose

I'm with the thought that it's either the same person as Exdaemonus, someone who just adores being a troll, or someone who's got serious alcohol addiction issues and an unawareness of his own actions (the very latter being sad). He just seemed "away with the fairies" during topics, and never really answered any questions put to him, or decided to be extreme/controversial with his views. Which would have been interesting if he had managed to string those thoughts together coherently.

I did humour him originally, but then he just was spouting out utter rubbish. After that, I just let my bluntness/sarcasm run riot :lol: I doubt it's the last we've seen of him - he'll probably make another "satanist" account. I never for a minute believed he was one, which is a shame because I genuinely would like to learn more about that path.

He messaged me early on about his 'warned' status, rambled on a bit, then before he left apologised for being rude - starting the message stating he hadn't been rude.

Hey ho :')

geoffp
... for me this topic is closed :o_rofl:

Another keyboard to replace.....norty

Ellinas

I suspect they were the same, though I can't confirm that.

ISP addresses are easy enough to change, if I understand it correctly. I believe all he would need to do is re-boot his router,

Beyond that, the trick is probably to choose carefully when to respond and when to ignore.

Now Moonhunter's judgement is very, very suspect. For pity's sake, she's referred above to Valley residents as "sane and intelligent"...! Intelligent, maybe, but as for sane... :rolleyes:

Edited by Ellinas
  • Like 4

Maeve

.... aha Ellinas, but Moonhunter knows an awful lot more than you can ever imagine :lol:

Ellinas

I do not doubt it.

My imagination is far too limited - and probably far too weird - to comprehend such a wealth of knowledge

• Like 1

Moonhunter

:o_nono: :coz_splat:

• Like 2

Ellinas

Oh dear - I'm being threatened with a custard pie...

:coz_pieddalek:

Stonehugger
On 7/2/2016 at 11:05 AM, Ember Autumn Rose said:

never really answered any questions put to him

That's an alarm bell for me, though I accept that people reveal their neediness in different ways.

After I started typing this, I noticed the age of this thread. Apologies for digging it up.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this