Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
VibrantCrystalMagic

Connecting With Spirit Guides

VibrantCrystalMagic

Hi, so I know that some people believe we have guides who help / guide / protect us throughout our daily lives, whether we notice it or not.

But one thing I want to ask, for those who do believe, is how would one go about trying to connect with their Spirit Guide?

I can't actually remember if I've posted this before or if there is a post similar to this. If there is, could you please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Ad from Google

Moonhunter

If you search for spirit guide or fylgja or animal guide, you might up stuff in the General Paganism forum, but most of that dates back a bit. So this is a good choice of topic :)

Having said all that, I'm Heathen in my cosmology. That's to say: in our religion we have fylgjur, dis and some other forms of protective spirits, but none of those is a spirit guide. Flygjur get the closest to it, though they don't really guide, as they're a part of oneself which is also not-oneself. :)

Norseman

It can work in reverse. A spirit guide may seek you out rather than vice versa. There generally is a history to this, perhaps involving former lives. That is how it went with me and mine. I may tell more and I may not.

Maeve

I went through a ritual in high magic to meet and learn the name of my guardian angel - I believe it is a fairly widely accepted process in those circles. I do not work that sort of magic any more but my Holy Guardian Angel (HGA) is ever with me. I may not speak his name to anyone at all and only call it out on the point of death - I do hope I remember :) This is not the same as contact with the gods and so far as I am concerned, the gods do not protect me or look out for me unless I specifically ask for their help in this way and I seldom do that!

Veggie dancer

I recently had a few experiences where I really felt guided. I trusted instinct or my guide or whatever you want to call it and went with the flow and it lead to a lot of good luck. I was in the right place at the right time for whole chains of small good events.

How to connect? I haven't got a method really but do actively try to open myself up to my surroundings and allow instinct or guidance from outside myself to speak to me. (not literally speak) If I listen (again not literally but being open and paying attention) I feel like I am guided and I trust that instinct or guide and then I feel like it helps me more.

• Like 3

geoffp

If you search for spirit guide or fylgja or animal guide, you might up stuff in the General Paganism forum, but most of that dates back a bit. So this is a good choice of topic :)

Having said all that, I'm Heathen in my cosmology. That's to say: in our religion we have fylgjur, dis and some other forms of protective spirits, but none of those is a spirit guide. Flygjur get the closest to it, though they don't really guide, as they're a part of oneself which is also not-oneself. :)

Well thanks a bunch Moonhunter, Just when I thought I my research list couldnt get any longer you now throw Fylgjur in to the mix!

• Like 1

Moonhunter

Well thanks a bunch Moonhunter, Just when I thought I my research list couldn't get any longer you now throw Fylgjur in to the mix!

For a quick run down on the difference between a spirit guide, a power animal and a fylgja try this as an introduction. ;)

• Like 1

Phoenix63

This is such an interesting topic. I am really enjoying everyone's input. Thanks for the links too. Really enjoying reading this.

Ethereal

One way is to meditate on meeting/finding out who your guide/guides is/are.

This silence combined with actively directing thoughts towards connecting with any guiding presence will be enough over time to make the connection.

Then as has been said remain open to their guidance as it is often subtle in nature.

Ethe

• Like 2