Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

SpellBase
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: SpellBase
fizzyclare1

Do You Have A Sacred Animal?

Moonsmith

have you noticed that most people who are dyslexic can spell dyslexic? :D

Ad from Google

davkin

dyslexic - easy when you have spyll chicker

Unsurprisingly my Sacred Animal is the Wild Boar

and Ravens ~ yes definitely Ravens

Ellinas

I've never been able to spell slysdexic...

• Like 1

Hillwalker

Mine would have to be the field mouse - wonderful little creatures they are!

post-133183-0-02413700-1500670823_thumb.jpg

Ellinas

Last night, as I drove back from a wedding reception, a rabbit hopped into the road - too close for me to be able safely to brake or swerve. It's not my sacred animal, but it certainly got sacrificed.

Ethereal

Possibly unsurprisingly Ravens and Cats for me.

Ravens for my Lady, their intelligence, sense of knowing and majesty.

Cats because they are “half in, half out” to quote John Constantine and their tendency to treat humans as pets! 

sinistra

Ursus arctos horribilis (the Grizzly bear) is never far from my side. She appeared around the same time as my children were born and readily comes to my aid whenever anyone foolishly tries to harm me or mine. She's not easily provoked but when it happens, evacuate the area quick smart! 

Ellinas

I knew someone on another site who had a similar ursine type attachment.

Do you see your bear as separate to you or a version (for want of a better word) of you?

Moonsmith

My own bear, considerably smaller and a lot more scruffy than a grizzley, is part of me.  Like Dr. Jekyll's Hyde, bear used to be optional when I needed bear characteristics.   After a while, just as Hyde had later to be pushed back so I had to suppress bear.  Now I don't bother and the old bugger is evident most of the time..

Ellinas

I now have a mental image of varying sizes of bear typing away on their laptops...

"Part of me" is the answer I was expecting.  The alternative, if that is Sinistra's position, might be an interesting exploration.

Ember Autumn Rose

I do not have a sacred animal as far as I am aware... perhaps I am just ignorant :blink:

I have a fondness for quite a few animals, but nowhere near the idea/concepts of familiars, fetches or sacred animals. A quick list would include: tigers, lynxes, dogs (not the small, scrappy kind), bumblebees, moths, pipistrelles, magpies, jackdaws, crows, red deer stags, foxes, and owls. I think they're all stunning and majestic.

Maybe one day ;)

Caesar's Mushroom

My fetch is a bear :blush:

Moonsmith

There is a big Ursidae family around here.  Definitely wellies in the woods :biggrin:

Of all the bears in our family, I'm guessing that I am the teeny-tiny bear.  Most of you seem to have or be North American bears.

Is no one a Kamchatka, Kodiak or Polar?  All bloody big.

Please don't be sun bears.  They are miniature [smaller than my bhalu], very smartly turned out but the nastiest little buggers I have had the misfortune to clean up after.

Family photo

I'm third from the left.