Caroline Voclain

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Galaemar Laerareon
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
fizzyclare1

Why Oh Why....

fizzyclare1

...Do god's never tell you who they are, it's sooo frustrating, and as polytheist newbie you think they might include an idiot guide for beginners...

So what ticks you off in the god department...?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ad from Google

Pomona

Unreasonable demands.

fizzyclare1

I've been lucky then....

Ellinas

Well...

Perhaps the idea is that you do the research to familiarise yourself with the relevant mythology?

As to what annoys me - not a lot. I take a fairly pragmatic approach. This is my life in the physical reality of here and now, and ultimately it is up to me whether I entertain contact with deity. I they want to tell me something, they can do so. I'm more than happy to think, meditate, read and ponder, but I haven't the time or energy to play games. So, if something is impenetrably unclear I'll just ignore it until it becomes clear.

Moonsmith

One of my biggest arguments with Christianity was ineffability, the acts of a god whose purposes are unknowable to human kind.

Well effing well eff it, say I.

If God, god or gods want me to do something please would they write in big letters and small words. AND SIGN IT!

Would they please explain why and where my contribution is getting us to. Ideally in red crayon on a flip chart placed where I can not only see it but where I can sit down and think about whether I want to do it or not. Can they write it in my language please without the need of any form of priest, guru or intermediary.

And please will they not get all wrathfull and smitey about this because according to their own book of lifestyle instructions and acknowledgements this is how they ruddy well made me.

Luckily they aren't and they didn't!

A UKP member called Jezreel once tried to explain to me why obedience to gods mattered. I suggested that if there were to be any form of divine retribution for failure to achieve an objective to which I never agreed in the first place then there would be a nose to nose conversation about who believed in whom and the possible consequences of absence of belief in that god.

What? Demand in pure gold to be repaid,

For what he lent us dross allayed.

Sue for a debt we never did contract and cannot answer?

Oh the sorry trade.

• Like 2

Moonhunter

When you're told that, if you want help, then it [whatever] has to be done exactly SO and in no other way.

Maeve

When he (guess who) interferes in a serious ritual just coz he's bored and is seeking attention ..... :lol:

• Like 1

fizzyclare1

Lol