Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

SpellBase
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: SpellBase
jackdawdle

dreams and reality

jackdawdle

hi, i am new to all this and dont know where i will fit and forum headings are a bit unreal for me! i just had a dream recently and saw a place which later i realised was where i was. nothing happened i noticed. same event happened again so i thought other stuff must be possible too? no idea where to start but will read around and see.

how usual is this for pagan people? can you control it? lottery lol

Ad from Google

Moonhunter

Hi Jack! When you say "i just had a dream recently and saw a place which later i realised was where i was" I'm confused. If that's where you were, why shouldn't you dream about it?

Ellinas

I once had a dream where I was in an unknown town - which I recognised as being Rhyl when I went there some time later.  Maybe there was just a superficial resemblance, maybe something more.

I once had a dream in which my mother's oven exploded.  The next morning I had a phone call from my sister asking where best to go to get a new oven as my mother's had stopped working (thankfully not explosively)

These are the two examples of precognitive dreams I recall.  Most of my dreams are just nonsense.

Is this the type of thing you mean?

Edited by Ellinas
A missing "g"
  • Like 1

AyeAyeMagpie

Hi Jack,

I don't have any personal experience of prophetic dreams but I do think dreams are significant to the dreamer. I believe dreams are a way of helping us to process knowledge, experiences and emotions. Dreams are such a personal phenomenon I think that the only person who can get close to understanding a dream is the dreamer. Describing what happened and what you can see isn't enough, you need to delve deeper and analyse what you felt, what you were thinking at that point in the dream. Also ask yourself if the things you saw were actually representative of something else to you e.g. I might dream I'm in a workplace but I *know* it is actually my home.

In the case of a prophetic dream I'd be questioning whether something I'd experienced in waking life could have affected my subconscious, but I am sceptical by nature.

Stonehugger

I trust my dreams more than my conscious thoughts. Less filtering going on. They do, however, mix up memories from the distant past with current events, which is how I imagine I sometimes think I've dreamed about the future. Standing stones help me focus on what matters, whether or not it's objectively true.