Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Veys

Beginners guide

Veys

• Haha 2

Ad from Google

Moonsmith

Oh how I wish that everyone thought that was funny.

Well, thinking about it, I don't.  If a reporter or interviewer wishes to suggest that Pagans run naked around Stonehenge, I couldn't care less, it's their problem.

I have heard both reporter and interviewer ask Pagans exactly that.

Stonehugger

Nothing wrong with running naked around Stonehenge but Castlerigg is quieter and had much better scenery. Bit cold though. My friend told me all this.

Moonsmith
2 hours ago, Stonehugger said:

Nothing wrong with running naked around Stonehenge but Castlerigg is quieter and had much better scenery. Bit cold though. My friend told me all this.

You think?

I've walked slowly around Castlerigg in a three layer parka.  Yes I'd agree regarding the scenery.  I've been there several times and always get much more from the ring of mountains that surrounds Castlerigg than ever I do from the stones.

I've never worked skyclad and I've never been to Stonehenge and probably never shall.  I'm a Druid but neither Stonehenge nor Castlerigg has anything evidential that connects them with Druids before the 20th century.

Ref the vid.  It's so easy to ridicule something when you have no knowledge about it other than a well established lampoon based upon a Wheatley novel.  Unfortunately these things become self perpetuating.

• Like 1

Stonehugger

Regarding working skyclad, I may have said this here before so sorry if I'm repeating myself but a few of us thought that's what we would be doing when we decided to work naked once. It must be a couple of years ago now. As it turned out, it had no extra spiritual dimension for us. It was good fun and it's given us all something to cringe about together (and was good for winding one of us up about ideas for her hen party) but, even at the time, it was clear we weren't skyclad. Looking back from now to then, it drew those of us who were there closer but we deliberately picked a time when the two students in our group were away. We didn't like the thought of inviting people half our age to strip off. The risk of course is that we then unintentionally exclude them from an important activity. I doubt if we'll do it again but if we did we'd start the conversation much sooner, make sure everyone was involved, and properly research what it means.

Veys

My deepest apologies Moonsmith.

Ps I must confess I want goat leggings ASAP though. Guilty as charged. 

• Like 1

Veys

I like this Tom Hanks film too. A dogs beginners guide to fridge raiding. No dogs or Pagans were hurt during filming. 

Hooch is such a handsome hound! 

Moorguide

Hilarious video Veys. The PAGAN clip is pure parody. I can recall several moots where the ritual didn't quite go to plan and ended up resembling something out of a 1970s film, staring Peter Lee. 

I personally don't take it too seriously when homourous parody is made about "paganism"  I imagine that many Catholics enjoy the Farther Ted series and recognise the humor observed in Catholic ritual and the day to day of a group of priests. 

Keep um comming Veys. I for one enjoy the humourous stuff  that you bring to our attention. 

Goat leggings, now there's an idea. May be a bit much with my new cloak 

MG. 

• Like 2

nappadog

Yea I enjoyed the clip Veys my kind of humour.....humour is like charisma some have and understand it others just don't get it....you got both keep 'em coming!

Veys

Serious though, those leggings... 

Moonhunter

Oh, I love that film! Yes, a lovely scene. :)

Skyclad doesn't worry me. I'm a naturist. 

• Like 1