Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] Words that don't work

UK Pagan
I haven't been writing much.  I've been busy dealing with life, but I'm also struggling with the limits of language.  I need words that don't exist properly in English, and I don't speak another language.  It's frustrating, to have a clear, beautiful idea, and to not be able to share it without distorting it.

I feel that we are existing in a time in which many things are difficult to communicate partially because we don't have the right words.  Some of the words have perverted by nefarious characters who try to convince us of new meanings. Other words have become so common and softly defined that they are useless, and many other words simply don't exist.  Borrowed words can be problematic because we misunderstand their nuances.  Clear, concise communication is important, but it is also tricky and fraught with pitfalls.

I have chosen to be silent often.  If I can't clearly show you what I mean, I have been choosing to avoid adding to the cacophony around me.  I am listening. I am thinking, I am watching, and I am searching for better ways to communicate.  I am trying to take better responsibility for my communications in a time when so many things are purposefully misconstrued, misappropriated, and mistaken.  I am aware the silence can be a weapon and choice to accept status quo, but it can also be a powerful force for creativity. Things that happen in silence, in the spaces between words, can clarify our thoughts, create new meaning and give us the chance to be crystal clear with what we want to say.

View the full article

Ad from Google

Ellinas

This article is completely nugelly.  In fact, I think there is an element of gogglecrumping going on.

Sorry, couldn't think of any other words to express that...