Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

SpellBase
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: SpellBase
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Llewellyn] 4 Resolutions to Help Your Relationship Grow Healthier, Happier, and Higher

UK Pagan

We all want to know a love that's whole and true, through-and-through; a relationship that never fails to renew itselfandmdash;and us. Why, then, is this type of relationship so difficult to find, if it is what we desire? Guy Finley, author of Relationship Magic, provides four resolutions we can all make to make our relationships happier and healthier.

View the full article

Ad from Google

Stonehugger

I went to a Buddhist meditation session once (by mistake - I was told it was a group therapy self-help group with a good facilitator!) and the only thing that has stuck in my mind was the facilitator explaining that any negativity we feel towards a situation is inside our heads. It's about us, not the situation. One of his arguments was that even though we might get quite frustrated with our spouses, our best friends can generally do no wrong. My best friend is opposite-gender and that may colour what I'm saying but it's true that I could never possibly be cross with them for more than a few seconds. My longsuffering spouse, on the other hand, can sometimes do nothing right in my eyes for hours at a time, which is outrageous really, especially considering that my grumpiness is inside me, not in the situation itself.

• Like 1

Veggie dancer

Yep. I'm learning now how much our emotions colour our perception of a situation. Have begun using EFT to help free myself emotionally and it is helping look at situations more rationally.