Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Ellinas

Complacency...

Dualitys Manager
On 1/29/2019 at 3:45 PM, Stonehugger said:

I think most of the small number of posts I've made have been me thinking out loud, presumably inspired by what I've just read in this community. I should probably engage in debate but I have very little idea what I'm talking about to be honest and I'm very bad at making time to read up on anything. Maybe the rise of social media has had an impact. I use Fb mainly to keep in touch with close long-term friends so I'm reading, writing and reacting to very short posts. Maybe that's habit-forming. This community, though, is a fantastic place to explore one's path in a way that doesn't work on other platforms. It's much loved and needed.

I have Dyslexia, quite badly at times, especially IF and WHEN STANDING , Stonehugger..........so for me reading a page can mean 30 minutes, and retaining that written information is an impossible task that I disallow. It is only when I STUDY, that I read. This creates within me an energy that is undemanding, somewhat arrogantly so as I grab that teensie bit of informational Fact most writers can begin to offer. Once I know the author is only full of it......that  book or articular of mostly lies and LOL "fake news" no longer matters. I then simply seek out another, and another, until MY Cup is Full, and I may then Take on what "I" am searching out........or trashing the authors misdirected, or intentionally directed Trash OUR (my) way. Many will gladly disagree with me on that. This is ME, not them.

So I suppose that what I want you to realize is this: I have Learned great things from watching babies more than most "knowledgeably dork and dorkette authors could ever imbibe me with.........Good luck with YOUR Search.

Isn't it this which we humans seek when we begin to Claim Knowledge that lay outside of our own ........... ability?

Ad from Google

Stonehugger
On 3/18/2019 at 5:40 AM, Dualitys Manager said:

So I suppose that what I want you to realize is this: I have Learned great things from watching babies more than most "knowledgeably dork and dorkette authors could ever imbibe me with.........Good luck with YOUR Search. 

Hi @Dualitys Manager. Are you saying I should value my instincts over my reading? For me, there is a place for both. For others, that's up to them. Peace and love.

Dualitys Manager
2 hours ago, Stonehugger said:

Hi @Dualitys Manager. Are you saying I should value my instincts over my reading? For me, there is a place for both. For others, that's up to them. Peace and love.

I am new enough here to, and talkative, and I can't see how to find why I would suggest to any to follow instinct first always, Stonehugger. I can't see the post area where I was sharing thoughts. I always only quote me for me, and in those I am trying to also not interfere with the process the other Holds True. In that quote, for them, I have only learned basic from any author, ever, and have learned far more from humanities and our Other  ......Dimensionals......Guides................outside inside forces? From child into adults into Realms..........is that what teaches Me how to Trust Gut and tool and deity alike? I think so. For me, not all, it is Instinct that is mixed With the tool used, as well as Listening to THEY which I also Trust that finds me my Best .............Reaction, Cause, Answer to Accept for myself, or Give to others for the Quest they Seek Guidance on. I know I speak different color than most.......and my intent is not to Judge or Trash.......unless an Enemy, and here i have the Op to meet FOLKS who Travel Other Paths, and Hold Other Knowledge.......to say hello............to offer..............to listen........Today surety is fuzzy......last night........surety of who what etc "I" am was clean and crisp and clear LOL So, I know Not how to fully answer with no original post.....and as I buzz here and there, I still Listen to Self, AND Them.......yes, for me only, GUT and INSTINCT is WHY THEY Guide us at first, with or without tools................my view alone is THEY Want US to KNOW WE EXIST > WE are not a tool such as are our wands, our cards, our stones, etc.....are we? WE USE tools, we Use ceremony.................should the tool or ceremony use us? and shouldn't That remain a question, or a quest, for us each alone?

Blessings, Stonehugger

AHO

Edited by Dualitys Manager

Earthdragon
9 hours ago, Dualitys Manager said:

WE USE tools, we Use ceremony.................should the tool or ceremony use us? and shouldn't That remain a question, or a quest, for us each alone?

I was told a while back that the Druidic path that I tread is a solitary path. Strange I thought because of the amount of interaction that there is in the teaching, learning and practising of it in the group I'm in. My partner practises too. 

But there is another personal dimension to it which is worked out with oneself only. It is why we take a spiritual name that is revealed to noone else. The outcomes may well be shared with others but the work and the process is personal. 

Rather than ask "should the tool use us?" I would approach it more as exploring what is the tool's nature and what is my relationship to it? 

There may well be some tools for which that isn't possible as they can and will use us in a particular way regardless.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.