Galaemar Laerareon

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Moonlight Forest
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: Moonlight Forest
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[Llewellyn] 3 Quick Practices to Calm Anxiety

UK Pagan

Anxiety is often simply the messenger for emotions that need to be expressed in the body. That said, it can be an incredibly difficult thing with which to deal. Amy B. Scher, author of How to Heal Yourself from Anxiety When No One Else Can, provides three quick techniques that you can use to calm anxiety.

View the full article

Ad from Google

Veggie dancer

That was interesting.

Our emotions effect our bodies, our posture, places of tension can be an expression of our feelings and cause physical pain. Also a physical injury can cause an emotional response, I've heard and experienced how back pain can make you feel depressed. 

As a flip side to this I have felt how dancing; physical exercise and working on balance and flow and releasing tension and moving with a different kind of intent can uplift emotions. Also how positive emotions like laughter can be so healing physically.

This article is about some techniques that use physical contact to help deal with anxiety.

i really think mind and body are not so separate as we often think. Anyone else got thoughts on that?

Earthdragon
14 hours ago, Veggie dancer said:

i really think mind and body are not so separate as we often think. Anyone else got thoughts on that?

I guess a mechanistic approach would be that the body ie. brain, is in fact the mind. 

To me mind and body are intermeshed. 

I think it's been shown that deep muscle relaxation is incompatible with stress. 

• Like 1