Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Haylee Linton
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Veggie dancer

Spring 's sprung! ?

Veggie dancer

Out today there was that undefinable something in the air that means it's now spring! 😀 There's been crocuses and snow drops out for over a week and even daffodils are in bud, a few trees are in blossom already but though today was colder than a couple of days ago it was today I got that spring feeling in the air. So happy spring from me! 

Has it sprung for you yet? 

Do you do anything to mark the turning of the season?

• Like 1

Ad from Google

Moonsmith

Not yet here, though we've had some sunny days.  "My time" is definitely over.

Some daffs and crocus.  Snowdrops still with us; I've never known so long an Imbolc.

No Spring migrants yet.

Most of all, no smell of spring yet.

[here]

Our group celebrates fire festivals so Beltane is the nearest we get to a Spring celebration.

I suppose Spring is marked by the start of the bloody weeding and mowing!

Edited by Moonsmith

Earthdragon
11 hours ago, Veggie dancer said:

Has it sprung for you yet

Some signs up here in the far north. Was transplanting bullrush roots yesterday and the new shoots are pushing up from them. Buds on certain of the fruits definitely seem bigger, starling activity seems to have become more vigorous. Mild this week and also we helped with the scanning of the local sheep to see how many newborn there will be and that definitely is a marker of the turn of the season. 

We mark Imbolg and then the equinox which is the return of the Great Mother and the rebirth of the solar aspect. Spring blessings to everyone over the coming weeks ! 🙂

Edited by Earthdragon
  • Like 2

Ellinas

If having one's wife give one a paintbrush and say: "Paint that ceiling" is a sign of spring, yes it has sprung.

The season is usually marked by decorating and by being deluged with suggestions of where I can take my good lady for a holiday in April...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ember Autumn Rose

Well... I saw daffodils for sale mid-January :') I thought that was much too early to be honest...

There are plenty of shoots in the back garden, and I've seen a huge number of snowdrops this month. When I was out a couple of days ago, I saw a number of sparrows gathering materials for their nests, so it seems as if new life is around the corner.

However (maybe it's the pessimist in me), I think we have more cold weather to come before Spring truly starts.

• Like 1

Ellinas

February and March can be cruelly cold.

You've changed your avatar.

Ember Autumn Rose
21 minutes ago, Ellinas said:

February and March can be cruelly cold.

You've changed your avatar.

Oh definitely...

And well observed 😛 It's a picture from last Summer, but more recent than the one I did have haha

• Like 1

Freydis

Snowdrops still around here, no crocuses or daffodils yet.  A lot more bird activity though, and a few buds appearing... 

• Like 1

Stonehugger

Today in Cumbria...

feb2019.jpg

• Like 2

Moonsmith

Bleating and gamboling on field behind my house.  Nauseating! I dunno, is peace and quiet too much to ask these days.  fart grumble fart...........

• Haha 3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.