Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
Earthdragon

Some Thing

Earthdragon
'Some thing comes when you recognise your self
only through the prism of pure joy. It remains
when your recognition is unchanged in the mirror
of pure sorrow. Forgetting the difference 
is remembering their one source. Then that something
becomes everything you recognise.'

Davi Duglas
Edited by Earthdragon
Punctuation

Ad from Google

Birdie

I wonder how many people achieve this oneness.

Earthdragon

If seeing the oneness is a path to becoming at one with it then a glint of light as we start to open those kind of eyes will be the first hint of that type of seeing. 

Also (as a conjecture I may add) experiencing it is one thing but staying there is another. 

I'd say many have had the glint of light, a few have experienced being at oneness but do not stay there and only the odd one or two stay there ( though we may simply not hear about them).

It's one kind of spirituality.

As an aside shapeshifting appears in stories from most cultures in the world , shapeshifting magical powers  could be seen to represent the illusory nature of distinct physical forms which is seen as an aspect of realising oneness, in many stories it appears as trickery in order to achieve an end - escape from a pursuer for example. In Taoism it is eternal shapeshifting that is the outcome of spiritual knowledge.

Edited by Earthdragon

Birdie

When you think about people constantly shapeshift, they act differently in different situations 

Earthdragon

Funnily enough I had a conversation about this on Thursday last week at a neighbour's house. He gives presentations on risk prevention in the airline industry and as well as several very interesting slides showing how our perceptions rely on expectation as much as real time information flow, he had a segment on people's "alters". They are the facets of ourselves which appear in different contexts, how these can be radically different to each and they can even be amnesic to one another.

I seem to remember there a school of psychotherapy called psychosynthesis which aims to draw one's subpersonalities together. Ferruci I believe...

Edited by Earthdragon

Birdie

You see this a lot in people with personality disorders such as bipolar, npd and bpd.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this