Galaemar Laerareon

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Pearlbrook

Not exactly a new member but...

Pearlbrook

Hi! Lovely to see you all again. I am attempting to  lurk and get used to the fancy new layout. It's been so long that I thought I'd post here to introduce myself to any newbies and also to find out who is still around! 

I am samhainmooncat - can we change account names by any chance? - and I was last properly here in 2013 or 2014. Life and health took me away for a while but I'm trying to return because I missed you all and your excellent conversation! I probably won't be posting that much but I'm hoping to join in a bit.

For those that don't know me, I started out as an atheist Pagan, met Hestia, discovered Roman Polytheism, and then slacked off a bit from Paganism and the Valley, partly because of circumstance and partly honestly because I was doubting myself and the things I believed. I did a lot of soul searching and arrived at the conclusion that really, I'm a pantheist. There's that wonderful quote from Alan Watts: "you are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself." Along with pantheism came Daoism and although I'm definitely a filthy casual when it comes to Daoism, it still means a great deal to me. I still believe in and worship the gods but I've become less of a reconstructionist over time and therefore a lot softer in my approach and beliefs. My perception of the gods is fluid and often makes me question whether it isn't all in my head - but in my opinion reality is mostly subjective and if this is the narrative I choose, then as long as it makes me happy I can live with that.

Sooooo... what have I missed?! 

• Like 2

Ad from Google

Moonsmith

Great to see you back SMC.

Hope that issues are moving in the right direction. 

We are fewer these days but that Moonsmith guy is much the same as he ever was.

You used to be able to change your screen name but Deebs will need to do it in the absence of other mods.  It will change all the references to Samhainemooncat right back into the archives [or it used to]

Who do you want to be?

Edited by Moonsmith

Stonehugger

Welcome back @Samhainmooncat 🙂

Pearlbrook
4 hours ago, Moonsmith said:

Great to see you back SMC.

Hope that issues are moving in the right direction. 

We are fewer these days but that Moonsmith guy is much the same as he ever was.

You used to be able to change your screen name but Deebs will need to do it in the absence of other mods.  It will change all the references to Samhainemooncat right back into the archives [or it used to]

Who do you want to be?

Woah fancy new way of quoting! Anyway...

Well that's an interesting philosophical question really, isn't it? But my normal username nowadays is Pearlbrook. It doesn't mean much but it's gentle and also a reference to board gaming, something which I am quite enthusiastic about to say the least! It's more that Samhainmooncat means very little to me - I'm not a Celtic recon and I don't celebrate the sabbats. I still like cats though 🙂 the only meaning it has is good memories of brilliant conversation on here. Glad to see that you're still the same Moonsmith, and lovely to see you.

Nice to meet you, Stonehugger! It sounds like we are from very similar places (geographically I mean) originally. Always nice to meet a fellow Hampshire-ite. 

Sad to see some of the old guard gone, but I suppose time and tide wait for no one. I'm sure the quality of the boards remains though 🙂 

• Like 1

Earthdragon

Hi SMC, 

Good to have you back 😀

Interesting journey you've been on.

I'm still about , living in Scotland now and still into Druidism 😉

Just taken up Neijia Chuan again and have my longest term friend quoting the Tao Te Ching to me in the face of Brexit!

Look forward to your posts!

Best

ED

Edited by Earthdragon

Ellinas

You can't have been missing that long - I'm sure I remember you.

Anyhow, welcome back, Pearlysamhainmooncatbrook.

Now there's a name to play with...

Pearlbrook
14 hours ago, Ellinas said:

You can't have been missing that long - I'm sure I remember you.

Anyhow, welcome back, Pearlysamhainmooncatbrook.

Now there's a name to play with...

Ellinas! Good to see you 😄 I was most active in 2013 which is a terrifying six years ago now 😮 though I logged back on very briefly a year or two ago. Haha I like the idea of a catbrook, does that mean there is such a thing as a catstream? I would like to see that.

17 hours ago, Earthdragon said:

Hi SMC, 

Good to have you back 😀

Interesting journey you've been on.

I'm still about , living in Scotland now and still into Druidism 😉

Just taken up Neijia Chuan again and have my longest term friend quoting the Tao Te Ching to me in the face of Brexit!

Look forward to your posts!

Best

ED

Earthdragon! Lovely to see you're here, too 🙂 Oh wow, you must be surrounded by beautiful scenery up in Scotland. Unless you're in Glasgow 😆 I jest of course. Ugh, I'm not even sure Lao Tzu can save us at the moment, it seems we're in trouble whether we stay or go... But it definitely helps!

Earthdragon

Ah cheers 😀

No not Glasgow but the Outer Hebrides. Thought we'd go remote! The only place further is St. Kilda.

And yes every little helps (oops I used to work for Tesco). Yep I'll take a big dose of the great outdoors and some Lao Tzu above listening to the news at the moment...😊

Ember Autumn Rose

Welcome back 🙂

Ellinas
On 4/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, Pearlbrook said:

does that mean there is such a thing as a catstream? I would like to see that.

A stream of cats...  Hmm...  Perhaps we can manufacture a little known story from ancient folklore...

Pearlbrook

That would be brilliant 😄 I hope it flows into a cat river and then a cat sea. And it rains cats. 

Maybe it was something Hermes did as a joke once?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.