Galaemar Laerareon

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Doretta Lowe
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
2Bpagen

Hi I'm new to all of this

2Bpagen

Hi I'm looking for help getting started in pagenism not sure what to do or where to go for info not even sure what path. To. Follow or what it means. Really need help 

Ad from Google

Earthdragon

Hi 2BPagan,

Welcome to the Valley Forum.

What an interesting journey you're potentially faced with! 🙂

Try Starters Orders in the THE CIRCLE (ALL PAGANS TOGETHER) and you'll lots of relevant conversations that may be of interest to you you.

You might find this useful

Authenticity and Groups/Paths

And this latest one started by Pearlbrook: What do you get from your Paganism 

Have a good weekend

ED

2Bpagen

Thank you 

2Bpagen

How how. Is the. Path  chosen? If I ha e to choose my own path how do I do this 

Stonehugger

Welcome 2Bpagen. This may sound a bit clichéd but my path (such as it is) chose me. Keep an open mind, spend time in nature, and - as Earthdragon says above - explore the Starters Orders pages in the valley. All the best.

• Like 1

Pearlbrook

Welcome 2Bpagen! It's so nice to meet you 🙂 I hope you'll enjoy your time here, we'd love to talk about the things you're interested in.

So what made you interested in Paganism? That's the best place to start.

45 minutes ago, 2Bpagen said:

How how. Is the. Path  chosen? If I ha e to choose my own path how do I do this 

We have a member here called Maeve who always says that you've been on your "path" since you were born, and you'll be on it all your life (and maybe beyond). I like this thought. 

Pagan paths are often unique to each person. Most of us take the things we are interested in - whether that's specific gods, tarot, magic, philosophy, or any of the other things that you might come across or read about - and cobble them into our own understanding of life and spirituality. I would personally make a list of all the things that you feel instinctively drawn to, even if you know nothing about them, and start there.

It's also worth thinking about going to a local moot if you can find one; covens are rarer still and for specific interests, but it might be something that appeals; or checking out your local New Age shops, although it can be hard to tell which ones are run by charlatans just out to make a quick buck. 

Hopefully whatever direction you end up going in, and even if ultimately Paganism isn't for you, you will learn a whole lot about yourself and how you view the universe.

Please feel free to jump into discussions when you feel ready, we don't bite and we don't mind how much experience you have or how many questions you want to ask 🙂 

2Bpagen

Hi pearlbrook I became interested about a month ago. My wife is religious but I'm not and set out to disprove the  bible. I know people who are pagens so want to know more. My. Interest are music my dogs watching nature programs 

Pearlbrook

It's great that you know some people in real life who are Pagans. In my experience, that helps, although don't feel like you have to defer to their opinions on the basis of experience.

I think a lot of us experience some kind of need to reject or disprove Christianity, especially if we are ex-Christians. I think this is a pretty natural, especially when you are troubled by the inconsistencies and inaccuracies of Christianity. This is how I made my peace with it: I will never be able to persuade people that their faith is wrong, and people are entitled to believe what they want. But as long as I care about it or want revenge or to disprove it, Christianity still has a hold over me. If I choose to banish it from my life, it no longer affects me and I can let go. 

What do you think about spirituality? Do you have an opinion on magic, the after life, the reason for existence, or nature of the universe, the idea of deities and spirits? Would you describe yourself as atheist/agnostic/pantheist/polytheist at the moment? What feels real for you?

You like nature, that's a great place to start 🙂 sometimes it's great to just go and BE in nature and think about the meaning of everything. 

Other than reading through the Valley and talking to us, there are some good books (and some terrible ones) out there. You might find "Paganism 101" by Trevor Greenfield helpful, and I'm sure other people can also recommend some good general books - it's been a while since I read  the normal Pagan literature.

Ellinas

Welcome.

Firstly, if there is an issue regarding your wife's religion (not assuming anything - but it would not be an uncommon situation), it is a different, though quite likely related, matter to your pagan curiosity.  Christianity is an evangelical religion, but, from where I stand, no-one has the right to seek to pressurise another into any view of spirituality.  There is a site at Ex-Christian.net which may be of use to you, but be aware that the views expressed there can be rather... strident... and tend to be hostile to anything other than the strictly materialist

Secondly, I rather agree with the view of Maeve's described above.  What path can any of us possibly be walking other than our own?  Whether we know how to describe it, or whether there is any coherent description, is another matter altogether.

Where do your interests and thoughts lie currently?  What is your view of the reality or otherwise of the "spiritual"?  Of deity?  You say you are not religious - why the curiosity?  These are questions that it may help you to think about.  But, above all, take your time.  There is no hurry.

Sandra

Hi and welcome

Ember Autumn Rose

Welcome 🙂

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.