Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Galaemar Laerareon
The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Moonsmith

Beltane Blessing to all

Moonsmith

We shall celebrate Beltane on Monday.  The hawthorn tree is perfect, in full blossom but not snowing yet.

Whether you celebrate or not I hope you all enjoy the ministrations of Dr. Green.

Of course nettles are green as is the 12 inch grass that I shall mow before we celebrate but then while this is a very  beautiful time, it isn't "my time".  I believe that in the northern tradition April is Waedmonath but they don't half thrive in May.  [Any Viking in the VAlley may correct my understanding and spelling.]

Edited by Moonsmith
  • Like 1

Ad from Google

Ellinas

I mowed on Friday evening, having arrived home from work early to the news that the grass was long and green.

Sometimes I wonder if one can find all one needs for a garden in the concrete section of the local builders' merchants...

• Like 1

Moonsmith

To - English Country Garden.

It seems to me that I shall never be-e a successful flower grower,

Let me tell you just what I'm gonna do and to hell with Percy Thrower,

Get a tonne of broken bricks, half a load of ready mix,

Spread it and let it har-ar-den

I'll contemplate a concrete estate.  Stuff your English country gar-ar-den.

On the other hand were there a prize for highest nettle in our local show I'd be exhibiting come July.  The dandilion crop isn't big this year but the general weed-mass is excellent.

• Like 1

Ellinas

I'll try singing that to Mrs E next time she tries to send me gardening.

Moonsmith

This was our hawthorne tree as we celebrated Beltane on Monday.  It isn't  in the grove but it stands above it.  Perfect.

Right next to us down in the grove grow two holly trees, a male and a female.  As the bees buzzed around us in the sunshine and the white holly blossom sparkled we realised that the  hollies were having sex as we celebrated.  How very Beltane.

tree.JPG.928574a23ead9f47b8d68e312200a118.JPG

• Like 3

Veggie dancer

Happy Beltane everyone. 

Ive posted it before but here's my maypole dance for folks to enjoy being as it's seasonal...

https://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB

the Hawthorn is out here's too and looking stunning.

oh and you guys need to embrace the weeds - ha ha - I don't understand why people don't like Dandylions ; pretty flowers, beautiful seed heads, they keep flowering for months, easy (very easy) to grow and they are great for the bees too. 

• Like 1

Ellinas

I believe they can be interesting in salads as well...

Moonsmith

I have no argument with dandilions; it's just that their first appearance is an indication that if I don't get the mower out soon, my very capable machine will not handle the tall grass.

Edit to add:

Indeed Ellinas, they are not called Pis-en-lit for nothing. [Wet the bed]

Edited by Moonsmith

Ellinas

You could try dressing in a long, cowled robe and wielding a scythe...

Moonsmith

....I can tell you exactly where my sting is thank very much!

I've used one of those things in earnest and can tell you they are bloody hard work.   The scythe gets a lot of sharpening towards the end of the day.  [Yer paid same for sharpening as y'ar fer sythying my tutor told me!]

Ellinas

Well, I hope you carried an hour glass at the same time, and were suitably robed...

Stonehugger

Belated Beltane greetings 🙂

15 hours ago, Moonsmith said:

have no argument with dandilions

Apparently (a word which always signifies that truth is about to be told...) they're a good early season food source for bees.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:09 PM, Veggie dancer said:

This link seems to have lost its - um - linkyness. It seems to point to Youtube in general now. 🙁

Moonsmith
3 hours ago, Stonehugger said:

Belated Beltane greetings 🙂

Not belated at all.  That is the joy of the fire festivals; they are under the control of the seasons.  They mark the turning of THIS year as opposed to years in general.  Our hawthorn wasn't in full blossom until last week and still isn't snowing petals.  Plenty of time for Beltane celebration.

Hip hooray, here comes the May.

Out-door loving starts today.

• Like 1

Veggie dancer

https://youtu.be/H_V9pFIr8Q8

this might do it

• Like 1

Veggie dancer

Or this

Stonehugger
2 hours ago, Veggie dancer said:

https://youtu.be/H_V9pFIr8Q8

this might do it

Success 🙂 It's such a shame that so many village maypoles are unused or just survive as field names or whatever.

Moonsmith

Veggie?

Did you choreograph that?

Are you in it?

Veggie dancer

Hello. yes I did choreograph that 🙂  and I think that video is the dress rehearsal so I am in it as one of my dancers had a physio appointment so I stood in. Though I think I go wrong as I wasn't sure 100% of her part. 😳

Veggie dancer
2 hours ago, Stonehugger said:

Success 🙂 It's such a shame that so many village maypoles are unused or just survive as field names or whatever.

It is such a shame. For years I've had plans to help revive the Maypole's and get some people out dancing with them. Always so bloody busy and also I'm sometimes a bit useless about organising myself to do stuff. And now I really am too busy with the baby.. maybe next year. 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.